Samsung Fascinate & Raleigh NC Horrible Quality
grandroyal

I recently switched from ATT (Iphone) to the Samsung Fascinate.  So far I've had extremely poor voice service in North Raleigh NC.  Completely unable to make out the person when they talk.  I called Verizon last Friday and have not seen any improvement or heard from Verizon.  Is anyone else having this problem?  Id like to find out soon, as I really want to go back to ATT at this point.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Fascinate & Raleigh NC Horrible Quality
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

I have been with Verizon for over 9 years now and a new phone almost every year and Verizons service has been real good for me in my travels, Florida, Vegas, S.C.  Ohio, up north Michigan. I have Fascinate now and still works great. You might live in an area where AT&T had better coverage and not so much Verizon so ask others in your area and check signal strength it might be a bad phone.

0 Likes
grandroyal

Other verizon phones seem to have slightly better quality.  Still not more than 1-2 bars.  In Atlanta, Michigan, etc, I get 4 bars.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

No issues here in SE Raleigh/Garner area.  I have noticed that the Fascinate reports a weaker signal (in both bars and dBm) than the OG Droid I had but I haven't noticed any dropped calls or decreased call quality.  

0 Likes
grandroyal

Interesting, in N Raleigh, north of Crabtree, I get 1 bar maybe 2 outside.

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

Make sure as fast as you can that you find a phone and a service that works for you. I believe the return policy was recently changed to 14 days. If Verizon can do nothing with the current phone, have them switch it.  You can test at the store so you will at least know something before you leave.  If a Fascinate doesn't work, try something else.  If nothing works, ask out.  I believe you have that right within a certain period.  They shouldn't refuse you if you can not have decent service.   Please repost.  

0 Likes
msjohnson
I live north of crabtree >1mi and have never had more than 1-2 bars outside my house. I had to get a booster (cheap off brand) in order to get the VZW phones to even work in the house. However AT&T was worse. I have told VZW they should discount the VZW booster ($250) to me due to the poor signal...no joy. VZW needs to put a tower on top of creedmoor above crabtree instead of on the hotels in the bottom of the valley...duh!
0 Likes
grandroyal

msjohnson

Thats interesting since I have poor coverage from Crabtree Mall up Lead Mine to Strickland Rd.  The tower at the intersection of Strickland and Lead Mine is the verizon tower.  Driving up/north on Lead Mine Rd I get 1 bar maybe 2 bars.

Which booster did you get? and how is the quality now?

Maybe I need to check out Sprint.

0 Likes
grandroyal

The return policy is still 30 days.  I may have to look at the HTC Incredible; I just hate to get a phone that has been out so long.  I cannot accept the limitations of the Motorola phones.  Motorola and Verizon have crippled them too much.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

It's only 30 days if you got it prior to the 16th otherwise you get tagged with the new 14 day return policy

0 Likes