Samsung Fascinate Text Messaging issues
Thomp1818

My Samsung Fascinate has for the last year has had issues with a text message going to the wrong person or a incoming text will come from a individual but show a different persons name.  Some messages do not come through at all.  I am very aggravated with this entire issue.  I have removed the battery while off, while on, removed/replace the SD card, *228.   checked for updates etc....  

My BOSS got a text that was supposed to go to a friend.   I need to be in contact with my boss but do not need my boss receiving text that were intended for others.  And I have missed Very important TEXT as well.   Why am I paying for a service I am not getting but the bill comes every month but my service is depleting each month.  Can we get a lawyer involved to recoup our loses due to SERVICES NOT RENDERED....  Very unhappy customer....and you wait forever for any help or get the same suggestions repeated over and over.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Fascinate Text Messaging issues
longplaypg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know exactly what you mean. It doesn't matter if you have ED05, a factory reset after applying ED05, *228, never install any third party apps, and still have issues.

I regret buying my phone and seriously consider going back to my landline only after my contract is up. I do not have the extra time to the tech support for their service.

I am glad some of my issues are more random, but then since I don't live by my phone and fully do not trust it at all that is probably why I don't have the problems more often. I know that if I want to contact someone I just a landline anymore and this fancy paperweight doesn't even make a reliable mp3 player. So far you have install a third party app to play music for more than a hour straight. Emails well after enough connection errors you just go sit at a computer. I have informed all of my friends and family that if they text message or call me and DO NOT hear from me in 30 mins or less to call my landline!

0 Likes
dhyphens

'm right there with you guys.  I have had this phone for a few months.  Every since the last "upgarde" it has made this phone basically one frustrating mess after another.  I have the same text issues mentioned above.  I routinely get messages wondering why I'm not responding.  When I reset my phone, magically they recieve all of the texts that I thought were already sent.  I have done a hard reset.  I have uninstalled app's.  I have done *228.  Nothing works.

In addition, I have had the wonderful experience of the random screenshot.  I have noticed that when signal strength is low, and I attempt to turn off the display, the phone takes random screenshots.  I am aware that holding down the button and hitting the power button creates a screenshot but I can assure you no button is being held down on my part. 

I get random app's opening/closing...I get force closes way too often.  Not happy with this phone.  I have been with Verizon for years and with the flat out lack of assistance with any of these issues, I too might be looking for alternative options when my contract is up.  Perhaps the most frustrating part is that this phone had zero issues before 2.2.2. 

0 Likes
superfly42

I've had this same issue since the froyo update. It's extremely frustrating, and borders on privacy issues. I posted on this same topic on this forum and received 30 replies.  A co-worker just purchased this phone yesterday. I cannot believe they are still selling them. I told him to take it back immediately and go with something else.  I have over a year left before I can upgrade, but am seriously considering buying a phone outright. Verizon & Samsung both need to step up and right their wrongs and offer either an early upgrade or a free replacement of another phone.  Good luck!

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good afternoon and thank you all for posting about the text message issues, as it certainly helps us continue to work towards a permanent resolution!

, I understand you're extremely frustrated, as I would feel the same way, and we certainly don't want to lose you as a valued customer.  This text messaging issue has been happening for a long time, and unfortunately, there hasn't been a solution to fix every device.  Have you tried placing your Samsung Fascinate in Safe Mode? Doing so will disable all applications installed by the Google Market, indicating if the issue is related to a third party application.  Please follow the steps below.

1. Power down the device.

2. Power on the device.

3. When the Verizon Logo is displayed in the power up sequence, press and hold the Menu key.

If successful, SAFE MODE will be displayed in the lower left corner of the screen.  Once in Safe Mode, try to send and receive messages to see if the issue persists.  

* To deactivate Safe Mode, power off and power on the device normally.*

If the issue continues, please send me a Private Message, and I will be happy to personally assist you further.  

Thank you,

0 Likes
Thomp1818

Again offering this type of suggestion is not a fix, it is a guess or a way for Verizon to passify a customer.  Being Billed 93.00 dollars a month for services I am not receiving an getting the never ending tail chasing (try this or try that) with the same results no matter what we try is the issue.  I have had it and will be seeking other advice as how I can  recoupe my losses.   I depend on this phone for my job as well as my personal private use.    I believe it is against the law to collect money for services not supplied and it has been made very clear on this site it is happening on a daily basis to many.  VERY UNSATISIFIED long time  CUSTOMER........ 

0 Likes
superfly42

You're right on that.  Everything they have suggested is a temporary fix. I'm still missing a lot of texts, and the texts still are coming and going from the wrong contact. The really sad thing is, they are still selling these phones at the Verizon stores.  A co-worker just got one last week. I told him to take it back ASAP. 60 pages of problems on this forum, and they are still selling the phone. Both Verizon and Samsung should be held accountable, and something should be done to replace these phones...even if it's an early upgrade option.  I paid $200 for mine...and that was the upgrade price. I still have a year to go before I can get rid of this thing, unless I win the lottery and can afford to purchase a new phone outright.

0 Likes