Re: Samsung Fascinate- Thoughts?
kpoole2287

Download two apps, home switcher and GO launcher EX. I highly recommend the full line up that GO DEV offers. GO SMS pro, launcher EX, widgets, all of them. It has a handy task killer widget that does not require any additional downloads. I absolutely hated my fascinate before I started using SMS pro and now launcher EX. It easily increased the speed of my fascinate five times and I could not be happier. It does take some tweaking to get it how you want it, but I enjoy that. I can fully customize how my phone looks and operates all with a simple home screen launcher app. I was considering switching to the iphone 5, but after realizing tonight everything that GO launcher EX can do I will never leave android. I work at Radioshack and install this on almost all of my customer's phones who are tech savvy enough to use it.

0 Likes
dag4192
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have to tell you the Samsung Fascinate is the worst phone I have ever owned.  I have to pull the battery every couple of days, because if I do not I cannot receive or send any messages.  And when this happens I have no way of knowing it.  I hate this phone.  I never have service - it is bad.

phillythekid59

Good evening, I have the Samsung Fascinate, I have had it since Feb.. I love it, I bought it online, it was refurbished. I do a lot of texting, it works well, I have had no problems with it.

0 Likes
phillythekid59

Hello, I have the Samsung Fascinate, I have had it since Feb. I have had no problems with it, the battery is good it lasts me about a day and a half, I do texting, there are no problems there either.  I bought it in verizons website refurbished. it was pretty cheap. It has been a great phone so far.

0 Likes
randallg

My wife & I have had ours since January this year.  The only problem I have had is that I keep getting e-mails with the date of 12/31/1969 and nothing else...I get 3-7 per day, but just delete all e-mails at the end of each day anyway, so no big deal...I don't do much texting and my battery lasts from 6 am to noon the next day before having to charge it.  My wife has had zero problems with hers...we will upgrade when our contract is up in October 2012.  I'm happy.

0 Likes
Do I Like Bing on my Phone? -Doesn't matter, Verizon wants money
scham
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seriously Verizon. If you must, go ahead and fill my phone up with stupid bloatware when I first buy it.  Just let me uninstall it if I"m not one of those users that are too stupid to know any better. It looks like I'll have to root my phone just to get rid of Bing.

BTW making your Verizon Navigator the default navigation program and charging $10 a month is pretty scandalous too. I can see someone like my mother totally falling for something like that and just not realizing she's totally being ripped off.  There is no way any sane person would prefer to pay $10 for a service when there is a better one that is totally free, it is purely just Verizon showing that they have no integrity.  They don't make software, they make shady deals and run scams. 

Smeckers
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, a little late to the conversation here, but I'd like to throw in my 2 cents about the Fascinate.

I got mine in April of this year, along with Verizon as my wireless carrier. The Fascinate has amazing graphics and a gorgeous screen but ever since I got the phone, it has been nothing but problems.

The first one I bought would freeze, couldn't find service in my house, even though Verizon said I was about half a mile from a tower, the power button on the side would not work and the screen would stay on. So Verizon did a system restore, and it did nothing to help. They sent a replacement. The replacement would drop service and I would have to reset the phone several times to get it back, it would freeze and the GPS could never find where I was. So they sent a replacement. Same problems with the first phone, would drop down to no bars, internet and all data was extremely slow, and I would have to press the keyboard very hard to get it to work. I am now on my 4th replacement phone, and what do you know, same problems. Drops service, battery life is HORRIBLE. I hardly use it but I am usually in the yellow by the end of the day, and texts only go through when they feel like it. Ususally after reseting the phone. I've had Verizon do several system restores that lose everything but don't help.

I'm not sure if this is the phone that is having the problems or Verizon, since I haven't had any other phones with them. They keep sending replacements that are exactly the same as the previous phones, if not worse. All this was happening before and after the update. I'm thinking of just paying the ridiculous fee and breaking my contract and finding a different carrier.

Anyone with the same problem?

:smileyhappy:

phillythekid59

hello, I have the Samsung fascinate, I got it in Feburary, I love it, I have had a little problems with it freezing, but I dropped it. it is quick so it isn't a problem, my battery isn't bad I have to charge it about every other day.

0 Likes
joe71730
Enthusiast - Level 2

I could not recommend this phone to anyone,  I have had problems with the dropped calls and voicemail not coming through  The battery life is horrible!!  I have to recharge it during the day if I make many calls (2-3) If I do any emails it is worse.  Dropped calls are a real problem since I need it to work!  I do not get reception inside my house and VZW blames the construction of the house!!  They want me to spend another $250.00 for a booster for it to work there.

I have a iphone and I could recommend it for the battery life is unbelievably long, but the phone had worse reception!  Sometimes you just can't win.  

smatsuda
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am getting my 3rd Samsung Fascinate Overnighted to me.  I sell real estate and use my phone in combination with e-key program which has been troublesome since the very first Samsung Fascinate and I never had a problem with my Blackberry!  I have to manually go into my settings every time before I show a home and turn my blue tooth off and then wait 5 seconds, turn it back on before I can open the lockbox.  I am not eligible for an upgrade at the "discounted" price for another year and I am so ticked off at how many other quirks this phone has.  The battery life is pathetic and I think when they know that a phone is having issues like this one since the update to 2.2, they should give us loyal customers to the chance to get another phone for the discounted price.  I'm seriously thinking of paying to get my whole family out of our contracts and going to Alltel who has much better rates too.  My sister loves them and says their customer service is much better than Verizons...PLEASE HELP!!!!