Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
***Announcement: Welcome to the new Verizon Community! We have merged our Wireless and Fios Communities to bring you the best place to discuss any Verizon product or service, along with all things tech! We have many new features to discuss with you in the coming weeks, but first we want to make sure that all of you who have been active on either of our communities before are able to log in!

Please see the Announcement in the Announcement section under Information Hub.

Samsung Fascinate Will Not Hold Charge
brookssanford

My Fascinate will not hold a charge longer than about 8 hours. I went to the Verizon store and they said I should get a new battery.  I did. It held better for a couple of weeks and now it is worse thatn before.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Fascinate Will Not Hold Charge
engrteacher

Are you using FROYO 2.2?  It is a real battery killer.  Check the other forums.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Fascinate Will Not Hold Charge
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello brookssanford,

Are you still experiencing opportunities with your device holding a charge?  If so, I would suggest a factory reset to the device. Since you received a different battery the common denominator would lead towards the device.  To do the reset you would navigate to Settings>Privacy>Factory Data Reset>Reset Phone>Erase Everything.  The phone will reset and prompt you to re-activate the phone.  Please keep in mind this will erase everything from your device so please back up if desired.  Please let me know if this helps. Thank you. 

0 Likes