Samsung Fascinate black screen after Verizon logo
xfxBaker

Hello I have a Samsung Fascinate here that when you turn on it loads to the Verizon logo (after the galaxy s logo) and then the screen goes black. Sometimes if I connect a usb/charge cable, it shows the home screen for a split second and then the display goes black again.

I just got this as a used phone and I knew about the problems. I was going to try and fix it myself since it seems to work somewhat.

I've done a factory wipe from the recovery menu but it does the same thing still. I've read about using Odin to flash it back to factory but I can't get the phone to connect to the pc. I can get the phone itself in the download mode but the pc doesn't recognize it. I have the Samsung USB driver installed already.

I am also using a USB cable from my LG ENV3 and i've read somewhere that you must use the correct cable otherwise it will not connect for data transfer, etc. I'm not sure how true this statement is. They said that they used a cable from their other phone and it fit fine, charged and everything but it wouldn't allow for data transfer.

Anyway this is driving me mad! Does anybody have any idea?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Fascinate black screen after Verizon logo
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Odin is probably beyond the scope of this forum.  You'll probably want to check androidcentral.com or one of the other forums with "developer" sections.

0 Likes
pepe0284

did u fix it???  it happened to me today!!!

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

You said that you're able to see the screen briefly at points?

When this happens, try dialing *228, and then press 1 to activate/program your phone.  I think this should fix the issue.  Of course, this will be difficult to do if you can't see the screen.

Another possible option is to call Tech Support to see if they can start this download process for you.  They did something similar to this once (not on the Fascinate).

(800) 922-0204 is their number and you can call Mon - Sat 6am to 11pm (Eastern?).

Good luck!

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

If you have not done a factory reset on the device, I recommend doing a complete factory reset.  

Factory Reset  - Warning this will reset device back to original factory settings.

This method will not erase any MDN/MIN information

Turn off the phone 

Press Power + Volume Up/Down at the same time and hold until display will show a triage android screen 

Display will show: 

Reboot system Now 

Apply sdcard:update.zip 
Wipe Data/Factory Reset 

Wipe Cache Partition

Use VOL Down key to scroll down to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset", press home icon to select option and wipe device. 

Display shows "All user data will be wiped out", press VOLUME Up to continue or VOLUME Down to exit. 

Press Volume Up 

Press Home to select "Reset System Now" - device will reboot

If the problem persist I recommend having a store technician take a look at the device.

Copy and paste the link below into your browser's address bar for the store locator.

0 Likes