Re: Samsung Fascinate did not receive call
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

Hey I know maybe if we all get together and do a Factory Reset ,Battery Pull,and *228 all at the same time it will fix it

I truly think it is in the Software programmers hands and all the replacement phone,s is just to buy time and make it look like they Care when they don't all they care about is that we keep sending $$$$

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi SFObrien,

I completely understand your frustration.  This issue has been escalated to Samsung again, currently formulating a plan of action to investigate this issue. Please let me know if need further assistance as wee await a resolution from Samsung.

Thank you for your patience,

0 Likes
techlife2
So you are saying that the issue with the phone not receiving phone calls HAS been escalated to Samsung (why do always misspell their name?) I have been having trouble receiving phone calls ever since I bought the Fascinate last November - HELP..I am changing to the old style of communication - either smoke signals fueled with Fascianates or the trusty string and two cans....old-fashioned, childish and cumbersome but functional! Samsung s*cks!
0 Likes
marandaroo

I truly hope that this issue is resolved soon. I've also been experiencing missed calls, missed text messages, and no notifications for quite some time now, but predominantly following the recent Froyo 2.2 update. Not a happy customer.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

AyaniB_VZW wrote:

Hi SFObrien,

I completely understand your frustration. This issue has been escalated to Samsung again, currently formulating a plan of action to investigate this issue. Please let me know if need further assistance as wee await a resolution from Samsung.

And this is resloved how

I STILL MISS CALLS

or am I Missing Somthing

0 Likes
fascinated01

I have an interesting wrinkle to this missed calls snafu.  I have a network extender in my home and, while at home, I never miss a call. Don't understand how this piece fits into the puzzle, but just find it interesting.

0 Likes
jump_shooter

I love the canned, checklist responses from Verizon customer no-service agents.  Are these supposed to be helpful?  Do you not think the vast majority of people know the drill by now?  Remove the battery, wait a minute, check for updates....hey look, I'm a customer service agent!  The problem has not been solved by Samsung and removing the battery for the 32nd time won't do any good.  Please get a new script.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

wardcst24 wrote:

AyaniB_VZW wrote:

Hi SFObrien,

I completely understand your frustration. This issue has been escalated to Samsung again, currently formulating a plan of action to investigate this issue. Please let me know if need further assistance as wee await a resolution from Samsung.

And this is resloved how

I STILL MISS CALLS

or am I Missing Somthing

I guess I missed how it was resolved as well??????? 

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

Here is the Solution

I found it while sending my phone in to Samsung

Activate another phone on your line and you will stop missing calls Instantly

My Casio rock has not missed 1 call in the last 2 months while I shipped my phone 5 times to Samsung

4 of the times it came back just like I sent it in Missing Calls.

I hope when it comes back it will work on this 5th try ---- But if not I now know how to fix it

Reactivate my Casio Rock --Have Lost all Faith in Samsung--And Verizon for Marking these posts resolved when they are not

I turned my phone over to Samsung 2 months ago and It still is not resolved so why is the post marked as resolved now that Verizon has turn it over to Samsung

The only solution I have found is Activate your old non Fascinate Phone and as for me this is a Unacceptable Solution

0 Likes
NRR

Yah, I'd like to be able to have an old Verizon phone to use in the meantime, but oh that's right, we were new customers to Verizon in November 2010,  with our Samsung Fascinates being our first phones with them!!!  They keep changing our our defective phones with more defective phones.  They won't let us out of our contract without penalty or give us a different phone with a completely different operating system!   I don't give a rats #%! if it is an operating system problem with Samsung, WE PAY VERIZON FOR SERVICE SUCH AS RECEIVING CALLS, TEXTS, ETC, WE DON'T PAY SAMSUNG!!!!!!!   Wake up Verizon!!!!!!!

0 Likes