Samsung Fascinate not receiving calls, texts, emails, etc.
JenniElle

Now I know that virtually everyone that has the Fascinate is experiencing these problems, what I want to know is what is Verizon doing to fix this. Quite frankly I am disgusted at the LACK of Customer Service Verizon is offering for this issue. The lies about what the issue actually is, and the meager attempts at "fixing" the issue by sending out another refurbished Fascinate that works just as horribly as the last one.

I've had two replacement phones of which the second legitimately died within 3 days of receiving and I couldn't make or receive calls, texts or emails; couldn't use the internet; basically, I had a nice and shiny $200 phone that did nothing. I called Verizon, they reset the phone, did a bunch of stuff to it, and broke it further to the point that I couldn't even go through with the activation process on it after that.  Not a single apology, nothing. I had them re-activate my original phone so I would actually HAVE one to use, at which point the representative made an attempt at telling me that I was supposed to mail my original Fascinate back and that I shouldn't even still have it. I made it a point to tell them that it was a good thing I kept it or I would have been without a phone entirely since the wonderful, and i use the term lightly, refurbished phone they sent me was even worse than the first.

The representatives keep stating these aren't "Known issues" which is a bunch of bull, read your forums Verizon. Listen to your customers, and stop trying to pass the buck onto Samsung saying that it's not your issue. I pay Verizon for my cell phone and for my service NOT SAMSUNG. If you're going to sell faulty defective devices, take responsibility for the products that you are selling.

Has anyone had any results with Verizon for a fix or for a different phone? I wasted my upgrade on a phone that doesn't even work. All I want is for Verizon to allow me to upgrade to a different phone OF MY CHOICE since they are selling faulty devices.

Does anyone know if there has been any success with filing complaints with the Better Business Bureau regarding this? There has to be some sort of Consumer Laws out there that would prohibit a company from selling a faulty device and not making the issues known to the consumer at the time of purchase, and not being able to fix the problems with the faulty device.

I purchased total equipment coverage FROM VERIZON. If you can't fix a phone, you should allow your customers the choice to be allowed to chose a different device. It's a rather simple and ethical fix.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Fascinate not receiving calls, texts, emails, etc.
virexix

I have a Samsung Fascinate, and I have a number of problems which are driving me almost crazy.

1. SD Card Apps don't show up, even after re-start
  2. Crashes sometimes randomly
  3. Bad 3G speed and coverage
  4. Low WiFi strength
  5. General slowness

The phone I am using is the original one I got back in March and I don't want a "refurbished" model because they will be worse than mine. I am paying for their insurance thing and I would like to get a different phone. I was considering switching to iPhone, but because the 4S is almost the same as the 4, there is almost no point.

And, also, when will we have Gingrebread? All of the other Verizon phones have Gingerbread! So, why not the Galaxy S Fascinate? The Canadian and European models recieved it months ago, and the **bleep** about its hardware being incompatible is not true.

0 Likes
DM6156

Prior to my fascinate, I had a bb curve, prior to the bb curve I had a bb WE.

The BB WE (world edition) was swapped out about 6-8 times and never resolved my issues. Finally after much complaining they gave me an option to swapping it out with a differnet phone in their "upgrade matrix" .. which is bacially similar phones.

I opted for the curve, which started giving me problems after a few months.  I picked up my fascinate from best buy last black friday, I have already had to swap it out several times and I'm still having issues that the phone was swapped out for.

My wife and I have the same exact phone, her's gives her less problems. we could be in the same vehicle driving and I'll try to pull up driving directions from google maps and not be able to lock a GPS singal, her phone will lock almost immediately.  

In the same location (could be at home, in car, at park, in restaurant) and she'll have 3G with 2 bars and I'll be in non 3G mode with no bars on my phone.

good luck!

0 Likes
knully
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a fascinate and I am also not happy with it. I get voicemails but my phone never rings, I dont recieve text messages sometimes, it randomly reboots, sometimes it will come back up in safe mode and I have to pull the battery. I should not have to reboot my phone once a day. I have not tried to go to the store to get a replacement. From what I see on here they will not let me get a diff model and I do not want a re furbished fascinate. I pay verizon alot of money and cannot wait until my contract is up. #stuck

0 Likes
just4lor

I have the EXACT same issues.  Those may as well have been my words.  I have made so many calls to tech support only to be told they will send me another Fascinate.  (been there, did that) .  One manager, Steven, also suggested that perhaps the  inability to MAKE A CALL was user error.  Funny, the people at the Verizon store must be just as incompetent as I then.  They were unable to make a call as well.

I pay and do my business dealings with Verizon Wireless.  They are responsible for the relationship they have with Samsung, not me.  They won't take the phone and send it to Samsung to get their money back, they just refurbish the faulty phone and send it out to some other schmuck who is having issues too.  Right now, they want to send me a Continuum, to replace the second Fascinate I have tried.  They even tried to send me a Motorola Citrus.  The folks at the VW store laughed and said not to even consider that phone as a viable replacement for the Fascinate.

I have found someone who is filing a class action lawsuit regarding these issues.  See www.galaxyforums.net. 

If anyone knows of any other recourse, I would love to hear about it!

0 Likes
kfrahm

Have you ever received satisfactory resolution on this?  I am on my third Fascinate and my problems are exactly the same as yours.  All three phones have had issues with not receiving calls, texts, and sometimes texts come in and the display shows the wrong sender.  I spoke to Verizon yesterday and they again told me there is nothing they can do other than send me another refurbished phone.  What is the point?  As you stated, I pay Verizon, not Samsung.  I have been a Verizon customer for many, many years and I can't believe the poor customer service I am receiving on this issue.

0 Likes
just4lor

Satisfactory resolution?  NO!   Verizon finally agreed to send me the Samsung Continuum as a replacement to the Fascinate.  While I have not had any of the problems with the Continuum that I had with the Fascniate, I don't care much for the phone.  However, having a WORKING phone is the goal.  I am not sure how Verizon can even suggest that there is not a problem with the Fascinate or why Samsung would not come forward and offer a replacement.  I will not buy another Samsung product because of this (despite the fact that the Continuum is working fine).  If there were another carrier who offered the coverage that Verizon does, I would be long gone as well.   I have made the decision to NOT purchase my next phone through Verizon on the upgrade plan.  I will pay more money and either buy an iphone direct from Apple, or go with an outside seller.  I wish you luck getting your phone replaced.  All I can suggest is to go up the chain of command and keep after them. 

0 Likes