Samsung Fascinate overheating!!
lorenb

A few days ago, I used my Fascinate and it was fine on the morning. Put it on my locker and when I finished class 1 hour later it was shut off, wouldn't turn on, and so hot I could barely touch it.  Had to take the back of, remove the battery and when I turned it back on, the battery was 100% uncharged, and it powered off. Took it home and it charged fine. Now, about 2 weeks later, I was talking, on my fully charged phone, and it just shut off.  Went black and would turn on. Started to get increasingly hot.  Took the back off, removed the battery and it is fine, for now anyway. Phone is not that old. It scares me since I really think it would melt and possibly catch on fire if I wasn't around to remove the battery. What is going on!!!!!! ANother piece of trash from Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Fascinate overheating!!
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

lorenb wrote:

A few days ago, I used my Fascinate and it was fine on the morning. Put it on my locker and when I finished class 1 hour later it was shut off, wouldn't turn on, and so hot I could barely touch it.  Had to take the back of, remove the battery and when I turned it back on, the battery was 100% uncharged, and it powered off. Took it home and it charged fine. Now, about 2 weeks later, I was talking, on my fully charged phone, and it just shut off.  Went black and would turn on. Started to get increasingly hot.  Took the back off, removed the battery and it is fine, for now anyway. Phone is not that old. It scares me since I really think it would melt and possibly catch on fire if I wasn't around to remove the battery. What is going on!!!!!! ANother piece of trash from Verizon?

Do you have the GPS running all the time?
0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello lorenB,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the community. I've done some research on the Fascinate and this device does not have a history for overheating under normal use. Just to make sure that I understand the issue, are you using the original battery that came with the device? Also, are you consistently receiving good signal strength on the device? If not, how many bars are you receiving and what type of signal? For example, 1x or 3G. If you are continuing to have overheating with the device then feel free to send me a private message so I can further assist. Please include your full name, mobile number, & a brief summary of the issue. If you like you can paste your original post in the private message. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you...

0 Likes
Steve_Crouse

I was googling Samsung Fascinate overheating and you replied to a post about another user with this problem. I have never had any problems with my Fascinate before today. I had it in my front pocket. It got so hot it burned my leg and I had to take it out. This is a serious problem with this phone. I just thought it should be reported. On a curious note it showed 1x which I have never seen before. You mentioned the 1x as well. I am in my office and my 4G phone goes down to 3G (the network for 4G is not very broad in this area. But I have never seen 1x before. I powered it off. Took the battery out and let it cool down. It seems to be fine now.

Steve Crouse

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

I'm relieved to know you weren't badly burned by your Fascinate, Steve_Crouse.

I would imagine it overheated searching for your 3G signal. In any case overheating is not a good thing.

If your Fascinate should happen to overheat again, please take your device as well as any chargers you may use with it to your closest Verizon store.

Thanks so much for reporting this incident

Tamara H.

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Steve_Crouse

Thank you. I will take it back if it happens again.

0 Likes