Samsung Fascinate problems after update
sunflwr973

My mom upgraded to the Samsung Fascinate and when my blackberry broke she gave the fascinate to me and she went back to her old phone.  I never had any problems until after the ED05 update. Now I have problems with having to force close email which locks up my phone when the force close message pops up.  I have to constantly reboot my phone to get text messages to send and receive and many just arent coming in. I use this phone for work at times and recently all the texts I sent out in the afternoon never actually sent until 1am. How embarassing is that to have texts you thought were sent in the afternoon go out at 1am to clients without me know until after they were sent? On top of that people are getting my emails 3 weeks late, some are being sent and othes aren't until weeks pass.  I have had 1 spontaneous factory reset which caused me to lose all my contacts.  i know factory reset is a suggested work around for all these problems and I have since done several factory resets and none of these problems go away, they seem to get worse and more frequent after each factory reset.  I haven't even bothered installing all my apps again since its just not worth the time after the first 2 factory resets one which was spontaneous. On several occassions Ive gone to make phone calls and it says calling but the phone locks up so it seems that all funcitions I can use this phone for just do not work making it pretty much useless. I am seriously rethinking staying with verizon.  I have an upgrade available now but do not want to lock into another 2 year contract and get anothe phone that will give me problems like this.  I tend to lean on samsung being the problem cause a friend of mine has the equivalent phone on AT&T with the same problems and no support in fixing it. Am I really left with the option of factory resets that don't fix the problems or getting a certified replacement of the same garbage phone?

Thanks for listening......

A seriously ticked off long time customer who is thinking of jumping ship to another carrier.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Fascinate problems after update
Wildman
Legend

Since you reported that after reset you did not install all apps but have you tried isolating the ones you did install to see if one of the installed ones could be causing issues..

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode and see if the device works better without any 3rd party apps running...

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=40882

0 Likes
sunflwr973

I will try safe mode right now. The only 3rd party apps I'm using are sms back up because I dont want to keep losing all my texts with hard resets and yahoo mail app since the email on the phone doesnt work and i contantly get the following message: The application Email ( processcom.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. and then I have to force close.  Since it won't send or receive my email I use the yahoo app that I downloaded but if that is causing my problem then my phone will really be useless. Off to try safe mode now. Thanks for the link, I didn't know there was a safe mode option.

0 Likes
sunflwr973

I was really hoping safe mode would work but people are still not getting my texts when I send them and the email that i set up with the phone is still not sending or receiving and giving me the message that says The application Email ( processcom.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. and then I have to force close.The most frustrating is each time I want to make a call I have to restart my phone but calls arent coming in either unless i keep restarting so after a while without calls i realize i need to restart. My blackberry had some flaws but nothing like this, so frustrating.   I guess I will be making a trip to the verizon store.

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

sunflwr973 wrote:

I was really hoping safe mode would work but people are still not getting my texts when I send them and the email that i set up with the phone is still not sending or receiving and giving me the message that says The application Email ( processcom.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. and then I have to force close.The most frustrating is each time I want to make a call I have to restart my phone but calls arent coming in either unless i keep restarting so after a while without calls i realize i need to restart. My blackberry had some flaws but nothing like this, so frustrating.   I guess I will be making a trip to the verizon store.

Hi sunflwr973,

I apologize for the issues you are having with the Samsung Fascinate. Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps provided by Wildman. As of this reply, have you gone to the store yet for assistance? If not, I would like to assist you further with your device concerns. Please send me a private message with your information. I'll contact back and help you with resolving your concerns.  

0 Likes