Samsung Fascinate problems since update
cbeem
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just a few days ago, I updated my Samsung Fascinate - something I should never do...but - now the phone is continously cycling on and off. 

I pulled the battery and let is sit over night...no help...

I cannot access anything, including Settings, to see what update version I just updated...

Anyone having the same type of problems and/or any suggestions???

CB

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Fascinate problems since update
cbeem
Enthusiast - Level 1

I finally gave up...backed up everything I could and did the factory reset...VW was "concerned" but offered no other solution.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless smartphone

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ladywolf_siobhan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, it's nice to know I'mm not the only one.  My phone cycled on and off quite a few times since that friggin update.  Even did it in the middle of a call I was on.  I'm surprised more people aren't having this problem.

0 Likes
cbeem
Enthusiast - Level 1

I finally gave up...backed up everything I could and did the factory reset...VW was "concerned" but offered no other solution.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless smartphone

0 Likes
magsgundah
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had this problem shortly after the Gingerbread update.

I gave up and factory reset my phone.  This unistalled all of my Market and Amazon Market apps.  I'm slowly adding them back - most necessary first - and haven't had a problem since.  I really think it's some random app that isn't compatible with 2.3 but was with 2.2.

0 Likes
iectica

I had the same problem.  They have now sent me two "certified" phones and they were worse than my original phone.  I had an emergency situation and this last phone froze up as I as was trying to take the call and couldn't accept it.  I ended up having the take battery out.  I have to take my battery out once a day to reset my phone.  Verizon has not offered to do anything except keep sending me this crappy phone.  I switched over to them July 2011 and am not happy so far.  I asked the girl for credit for the days I was without the ability to text or get online because the 2nd replacement coudn't connect to anything.  She reluctanly gave me $3.

0 Likes