Samsung Fascinate replaced for charge or incredible 2????
Jb719

My Fascinate has been really slow since the update and has missed calls. I've read posts thats says you can have the fascinate traded in for an incredible 2 or charge. So i called verizon today and told the person my problem with my phone. But he never said anything about swapping it out for those phones all he did was send me another fascinate.....Is that replacement program not on anymore?? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Fascinate replaced for charge or incredible 2????
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

Jb719 wrote:

My Fascinate has been really slow since the update and has missed calls. I've read posts thats says you can have the fascinate traded in for an incredible 2 or charge. So i called verizon today and told the person my problem with my phone. But he never said anything about swapping it out for those phones all he did was send me another fascinate.....Is that replacement program not on anymore?? 

This is a quote from another part of this forum first, let me say that it's YMMV. I took my Fascinate to the local Verizon Wireless corporate store. It cannot be one of those "authorized Verizon Wireless dealers" which are not operated by Verizon Wireless. Tell the Verizon employee that your Fascinate phone has problems(such as missing calls) and that you would like to have it replaced with a Samsung Droid Charge. (if you want the Motorola or HTC, then you can just do this over the phone without making a trip to the store) The VZW employee should know what you're talking about. If not, have him search their InfoManager database using "70946" which will bring up their Fascinate replacement policy. Based on what I've read here, there are some VZW stores that will argue with you and make you go through troubleshooting steps. This is not required, as clearly stated in VZW's own policy for the Fascinate. They know that the problem has no fix at this time, which is why they implemented this policy. If the VZW store that you go to gives you a hard time, go visit another VZW store. (unless you live in a small town like me and there is only one VZW store within 50 miles...) The VZW store that i went to was very nice and knew immediately what to do. I was in and out within minutes. The phone arrived via FedEX and it was a BRAND NEW phone in retail box. Again, this may vary.... others on this forum have reported getting certified like-new phones. I had to go back to the store because VZW forgot to include the 4G SIM card which is required for 4G phones. The manager gave me a SIM card and activated it for me. She said that most of the customers who exchanged Fascinate for the Droid Charge have been getting new phones in the last few weeks.... the reason is that VZW doesn't have that many pre-owned Droid Charge phones. That's not surprising because the Droid Charge has been out only a couple of months. VZW only guarantees that you will get a cerfitied like-new replacement Samsung Droid Charge. It should be as good as new. If not, VZW should have no problem exchanging it for another until you're happy. I personally would not have minded if they sent me a like-new unit. Makes no real difference to me. IMHO, getting a brand-new phone in retail box was just a just a nice bonus. My Droid Charge has been working great and I am very grateful for all the information that other VZW customers and employees have posted on this forum.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

Jb719 wrote:

This is a quote from another part of this forum first, let me say that it's YMMV. I took my Fascinate to the local Verizon Wireless corporate store. It cannot be one of those "authorized Verizon Wireless dealers" which are not operated by Verizon Wireless. Tell the Verizon employee that your Fascinate phone has problems(such as missing calls) and that you would like to have it replaced with a Samsung Droid Charge. (if you want the Motorola or HTC, then you can just do this over the phone without making a trip to the store) The VZW employee should know what you're talking about. If not, have him search their InfoManager database using "70946" which will bring up their Fascinate replacement policy. Based on what I've read here, there are some VZW stores that will argue with you and make you go through troubleshooting steps. This is not required, as clearly stated in VZW's own policy for the Fascinate. They know that the problem has no fix at this time, which is why they implemented this policy. If the VZW store that you go to gives you a hard time, go visit another VZW store. (unless you live in a small town like me and there is only one VZW store within 50 miles...) The VZW store that i went to was very nice and knew immediately what to do. I was in and out within minutes. The phone arrived via FedEX and it was a BRAND NEW phone in retail box. Again, this may vary.... others on this forum have reported getting certified like-new phones. I had to go back to the store because VZW forgot to include the 4G SIM card which is required for 4G phones. The manager gave me a SIM card and activated it for me. She said that most of the customers who exchanged Fascinate for the Droid Charge have been getting new phones in the last few weeks.... the reason is that VZW doesn't have that many pre-owned Droid Charge phones. That's not surprising because the Droid Charge has been out only a couple of months. VZW only guarantees that you will get a cerfitied like-new replacement Samsung Droid Charge. It should be as good as new. If not, VZW should have no problem exchanging it for another until you're happy. I personally would not have minded if they sent me a like-new unit. Makes no real difference to me. IMHO, getting a brand-new phone in retail box was just a just a nice bonus. My Droid Charge has been working great and I am very grateful for all the information that other VZW customers and employees have posted on this forum.
0 Likes
Jb719

ok thank you that will help once i get my replacement fascinate and if it continues to mess up (which i think it will) i will go to the store ant try that

0 Likes
Jb719

But what number do i call? because today i called the number that said warrent center in my fascinate do i use that same number?

0 Likes
mclar1289

So I am very unpleased up to this point. My phone has not been receiving call periodically, which is a known issue with the fascinate. So I call them and they tell me that they will monitor my phone for the next week and resolve the issue. I receive a text a week later saying the issue was resolved, so I give it a few days to see if this was true. I realize the issue was not resolved and so I called warranty once again. THEY TELL ME that the update should take care of it, but if I do not want to wait I can chose to swap with a list of phones (one being the Charge). So I went ahead and agreed and they told me that I had to go to a certified store to take care of that. They tell me the nearest store that is capable of fulfilling my request. I go there and they tell me that they cannot help me and that I need to talk to warranty and have them help me, which was frustrating since warranty is the reason why I was at the store in the first place. Anyway, I get back on the phone with them and they apologize and say they would send the Droid Charge overnight and I would get it the next day. I recieve the package and it was another fascinate! I attempt to fix the error once again and warranty tells me to check my phone for updates and that the update should resolve my issue, paying no mind to the fact that they said they would send me a Droid Charge and did not. Bottom Line is that they will no longer honor the offer because the problem has been resolved, REGUARDLESS of the fact that I accepted the offer when it was still an offer. Very dissapointed with Verizon on this one and hope that they will correct this mistake.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Jb719 wrote:

Thanks for all of the replies and feedback!

Jb719,

I do apologize for any misinformation that was advised by any Verizon Wireless store or Customer Service representative!  For a short period we made an exception to be able to exchange a defective Samsung Fascinate that wasn't able to receive calls to a Certified Like-New Droid X, Droid Incredible 2 or Charge.  This was only until Samsung released the software update that would resolve the phone issues, which was made available on July 28, 2011.  Since that date the substitution program has discontinued.  However, if you haven't already, update the software of your Fascinate.  I am including a link below with the benefits and instructions for the update.

Software Update: Samsung Fascinate

I hope I have answered your questions, and let me know how this works out for you!

0 Likes
phylshin

Sorry Anthony, but looks like you're a little to late with the response.  If you read the other topics, it looks like a majority of the people are still experiencing issues.  Albeit it could be because they're compeltely dissatisfied with the device itself. 

If you do some more research on the XDA forums, you can see that the people there, who have had the update weeks before it was publicly released, are also still having problems.  The issue is definitely NOT fixed, and I'm pretty sure Verizon/Samsung is aware of that.  

0 Likes
DBJohnston0104

They are well aware of it!  If they aren't, just tell them to read the notes I've got on my account now which span for more than 2 pages!

I was originally told that I could get a charge since my initial call was made on 7/20, before the offer ended.  They then sent me to two stores which neither would order it for me.  Then they told me that I couldn't get the Charge anymore and that I could get either the Inc2 or X2.  Ended up with 2 bad Inc2 replacements and had to get 2 more.  That's the short version...

Check this thread out for more of the same...

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Samsung-Fascinate/The-Verizon-Run-Around/td-p/611952/highlight/true

David

0 Likes
softballmom88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was given the Incredible 2.  It works great!!!!!!!  I do know that Verizon always works with their customers.  I have never been dissappointed with their service.  I have been with them for a very long time.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

softballmom88 wrote:

I was given the Incredible 2.  It works great!!!!!!!  I do know that Verizon always works with their customers.  I have never been dissappointed with their service.  I have been with them for a very long time.

Good to hear some users are getting what they paid for
0 Likes