Samsung Fascinate, service keeps connecting and disconnecting...
dvnisthebest

This morning around 6 a.m. i tried to send a message to a friend to wish her a happy thanksgiving, then my phone said message will be sent when service is available which i found odd because where i live i have great service, next, within a couple of seconds it will say i have service on my phone for about 10 seconds then my phone will say searching for service and connect again within a couple of seconds, then lose service again, and it has been doing this for about 3 hours and every time it reconnects for about 10 seconds the text message gets resent! i dont know how to fix this and my friend is getting very annoyed by this! Please Help!!

How do i make my phone stay connected to service?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Fascinate, service keeps connecting and disconnecting...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi dvnisthebest,

I can definitely imagine your friends frustration with the message continuing to arrive. We want your Fascinate to be at its best and not losing service. Based on the date of trouble I'm hoping this has been resolved. If so, please post what was done. If the issue is still ongoing or was unable to be corrected I do have a few steps to be tried.

1) Remove the battery while the device is powered on.
2) Leave battery out for 1 minute and then insert and power up.
3) Verify service connects and call *228 and select option 2 to update device.
4) Wait for programming to complete and device to end call. Confirm if service remains.

You may want to review if any apps were recently downloaded to have caused the service loss. Check for any apps that interfere with service that were ever installed. These apps may be Battery Management apps, Anti-Virus apps and Task Killer apps. If you have them please remove and retest. Let us know your experience.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes