Samsung Fascinate will not take 911 in contact information
ranl
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Samsung Fascinate (SCH-1500 - Kernel version 2.6.29/Build SCH-1500.D101/Firmware 2.1-update1) and I cannot add any contact information that contains the number 911 (or 9-1-1). This would be in the phone/email/company name fields. This happens when trying to add the contact on the phone to either Google or the Phone itself. I can add the contact using Google on a PC and syncing it with the phone or add the contact by emailing a .vcf card. I think that this is either a 2.1 issue or Samsung issue as I've tried it on a Droid and HTC Incredible (both 2.2). I don't have access to another 2.1 device (that's not a Samsung).

Does anyone know if 2.2 will take care of this, if not I'll have to change phones -  the majority of my contacts work or have 911 in the contact information and the workarounds are not always the best. This is an open issue (#12063) with Google. Sorry for the long 1st post and thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Fascinate will not take 911 in contact information
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

Do a factory reset on the device. Once you reset the phone back to the factory settings try and reenter your contact information. Before you perform the factory reset be sure to back up your contacts and remove your sd card. Here are the steps below.

• From the home screen, select Applications.
  • Select Settings.
  • Select Privacy.
  • Select Factory data reset.
  • Select Reset phone.
    If presented, enter the current passcode or draw the unlock pattern.
  • Select Erase everything.

Here is a link for more information http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=35372#pre

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Fascinate will not take 911 in contact information
ranl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the reply but I don't believe that doing a factory reset on the phone will solve the issue.  I've seen this issue on 2 other co-workers Fascinate phones, so it's either a 2.1 issue or Samsung/Verizon issue.

0 Likes