Samsung Fascinate
groovynurse

Since the new updates, I have had calls go directly to voice mail, not show any missed calls, not been able to find the server, apparently may be charged for trying to access or get data that should be included in my data/media package, not be able to call out, screen freezing, battery lasting only hours even though all apps are killed but when the screen is using 77% of the battery you can't win.. Today I have no bars when I normally have all bars.  I did not go to the Verizon store to get this phone I went for the droid and was talked into this phone by the Verizon Rep who told me this was a much better phone for the money......let me just say this,  this phone is gone as soon as I am able to upgrade, or maybe when I'm so **bleep** off that I can't take it anymore.  I would not recommend it to my dog.   Thanks for letting me vent.:smileymad:

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Fascinate
jwcain

I am having the exact same problems here in Texas as well.  Very frustrating.  There has to be something Verizon can do to remedy this problem. 

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi SFObrien,

I completely understand your frustration.  This issue has been escalated to Samsung again, currently formulating a plan of action to investigate this issue. Please let me know if need further assistance as we await a resolution from Samsung.

Thank you for your patience,

0 Likes
Not applicable

I have posted this in another forum thread about missing calls on the Fascinate, and I wanted to update this one as well with the updated information.  This software release will address multiple issue including text messaging issues.  Here's what I posted in some other threads:

I have been keeping track of this issue, and I have some news for those having the issue.

This has been escalated to the manufacturer. They rigorously tested and researched this specific issue. Samsung has developed a confirmed fix for the phones not ringing as of 06/30/11.  We are working with them to finalize the fix and deliver it to the phones.  I really wish I had an ETA to give everyone, but we don't have one yet.  I just wanted to keep everyone in the loop. 

Historically, these fixes have been pushed or updated via a software update.  Here's a link to the Samsung Fascinate software update page in case we push this fix in a similar fashion.  This page will update when we get very close to delivering the update if done via OTA software update. 

Thanks again for everyone's feedback and patience. 

0 Likes
indianafanatic
Enthusiast - Level 3

AyaniB_VZW wrote:

Hi SFObrien,

I completely understand your frustration.  This issue has been escalated to Samsung again, currently formulating a plan of action to investigate this issue. Please let me know if need further assistance as we await a resolution from Samsung.

Thank you for your patience,

AyaniB_VZW,

Your post isnot the solution to the groovynurse's problems.  I have noticed that you marked several threads as "solved", when in fact, they are not.  If you aren't giving solutions to the problems - solutions that actually fix the problem - then it's my belief that you should not give false hope that the problems no longer have to be endured by the countless people affected by them.

0 Likes
indianafanatic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mike,

I appreciate your acknowledging, addressing and updating us on the issues and their possible remedies.  I believe that this is the most factual and reasonable reply I've seen from VZW yet.  Thanks!

0 Likes