Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus Android 4.2 Update
kevv2288
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah I heard that too. Well hopefully that means Verizon will release their

update asap too otherwise I might dump them.

foodogtenchi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Noticed this thread was a few days old, with no answer from VZW. In all seriousness, to any VZW rep that is monitoring these post, will we be getting the 4.2 update and when? There are features that are NEEDED by myself and my company that we would like to take advantage of.

zombielove69
Contributor - Level 1

Doubtful, Verizon has never said a word on updates. Honestly I think even if they would just admit if they were working on it would be nice to hear. But they treat customers like mushrooms, feed them crap and keep them in the dark. Even if they admitted they were working on it and admitted they were having a few problems with it, it would be nicer than silence on the matter. I'd prefer they just release the nexus and let Google update the phone, then Verizon could save Time and Money not having to deal with it and give customers the satisfaction they deserve. I mean there is no skin on the phone, it's pure Android. The only thing is Verizon's proprietary LTE code over spectrum that they use leased from the FCC and is owned by the people of the United States. For some reason they don't want Google to update our phones because of this. I've been reading blogs encouraging people to file with the FCC complaints about them.

Also a new 4.2.2 update is coming which will make the Galaxy Nexus 4 updates behind.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

there's a lot more proprietary things than just the LTE.

0 Likes
0rangeCrush

I too am eager for the update,

But, just a little perspective....

It is your job to approve the OTA update, which means when you approve an update two things can happen.

1) The OTA Update works, in which case... no one really says anything, because that is what is expected

2) Something goes wrong. It doesn't really matter how big or small the 'something' is. All that matters is you failed to do your job.

Now, do your job quickly because everyone is waiting.

Simply put, I would rather wait and have it work, flawlessly, than to have 'something' go wrong.

0 Likes
Jnome
Enthusiast - Level 2

The new swipe keyboard is worth having last month! I have it on my Nexus 7

and can imagine it being even more useful on the smaller display. But why

would Verizon want a phone that is a year old to more productive then the

phones that they're promoting now.. and yes I know other swipe keyboard

apps exist. But Google made it better!

On Jan 19, 2013 1:41 PM, "0rangeCrush" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

0rangeCrush wrote:

I too am eager for the update,

But, just a little perspective....

It is your job to approve the OTA update, which means when you approve an update two things can happen.

1) The OTA Update works, in which case... no one really says anything, because that is what is expected

2) Something goes wrong. It doesn't really matter how big or small the 'something' is. All that matters is you failed to do your job.

Now, do your job quickly because everyone is waiting.

Simply put, I would rather wait and have it work, flawlessly, than to have 'something' go wrong.

Who exactly is the "you" is this statement?  This is a peer to peer forum. The user that was replied to was another customer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
0rangeCrush

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse anyone.

Perhaps I should have said....

Imagine if 'you' were the person who's job it is to approve OTA upgrades......

I believe it would be a very stressful position, as the only decision anyone would ever notice is the one or ones where things go wrong. And we have all heard and or seen the stories of botched upgrades, bricked phones and.... Just imagine if you were the one that said... It is Good, and it wasn't.

I am a customer with a phone just like yours, and I want the update just as much as the next person.

And I have the capacity to imagine what it must be like to be the one to give the final go ahead. Realistically, I doubt it is a single person. In today's world of ambiguous responsibility, only a large committee could handle such a decision, so if something does go wrong, like rendering millions of dollars of handsets worthless, well, that kind of blame would have to be diffused, re-directed, and difficult to .... I think you get the point. However, this dysfunctional committee must still figure out make a decision, and having been on committees, getting a genuine Yes or No answer... 

Enough rambling...

Where's my freaking upgrade!!!

0C

0 Likes
csindahouse

I thought Google was in charge of all of that...I actually like my galaxy nexus phone...

0 Likes
Jnome
Enthusiast - Level 2

Google thought they were in charge until they did the nexus with Verizon.

This was supposed to be the big launch of Google Wallet. You have to

believe Google is very upset about the rejection of Wallet and I don't

think we'll see anymore close deals between the too. Verizon manipulated

Google just as they did with the customer. History tells that this model

doesn't work. Which is why I'm shorting Verizon stock.

On Jan 20, 2013 10:03 AM, "csindahouse" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes