Samsung Galaxy Nexus never ending problems
bmcw409

After another trip to the local Verizon Store, I once again left very frustrated as "company policy" once again gets in the way of "customer service" which is now an oxymoron at Verizon.  The local Verizon Store just happened to be staffed by managers from various locations for some special day and I thought I could get some results from someone knowlegable, but got the corporate line "sorry, nothing we can do but to send out another replacement" when I was even willing to do an upgrade if they would have discounted it since I only have 6 months before my eligible upgrade date. With the S4 being announced yesterday I thought that they may be able to at least negotiate on an S3 but instead was told it would cost $599 since I do not qualify for an early upgrade (that program has been discontinued).

Now for my saga....  The manager at the store noticed that I am already on my third replacement phone since I had gotten the phone a year ago. If it wasn't one thing it was another.. the last issues had everyone stumped it would cycle through applications starting them automatically when you tried to do something... that was amusing since 6 sales reps had to gather around my phone to have a laugh. They ordered me my 3rd replacement.  Yesterday I went in because when making or receiving a call, the voice would break up and neither I nor the other party could understand a thing, people on the other end would say that it sounds like I am breaking up and underwater at the same time.

I was told that they will order another replacement for me and if I only came in 15 minutes earlier it would be delivered next day (Friday) but now I have to suffer with this phone over the weekend until the replacement arrives on Monday. Great!!  I use this phone for business and personal and that means not being able to receive nor send any critical business calls plus perform my duties as an off hours management escalation.

The Galaxy Nexus is a total ***** !!  The S2, S3 are much more reliable and now the new S4 is coming out.  The manager at the Verizon store was very sympathetic, she did her best to try to resolve the problem and said, the Nexus has many known problems, if it was up to me I would upgrade you at no charge here and now but unfortunately I would lose my job, so the best I can do is order you your 3rd replacement phone or offer an upgrade for $599 for the S3 which I wish I could just give you for your problems. Looking at your record it seems like there is a major issue every 3 weeks. When I left the store I did thank her for trying and told her I will see her again in 3 weeks when I come in with the replacement having another known issue.

Shame on Verizon for not being able to do a thing for a long term customer who is about to move to another carrier that will provide customer service rather than have it as the oxymoron in their corporate mission statement.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus never ending problems
bevochan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Instead of forking over $599, I break my contract and buy a subsidized phone with another carrier.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus never ending problems
bmcw409

Thanks for the suggestion.  That is exactly what I am looking into now. Verizon doesn't care if they lose a valuable customer because they are too cheap to fix a problem. I just can't believe with all the known Nexus issues that they are sending out my 4th replacement phone as another refurbished Nexus, knowing that there will be problems!

0 Likes