Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus updates
Sully66
Enthusiast - Level 2

How many of those MVNOs let you access a 4GLTE network?

0 Likes
Sully66
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone hasn't done a spontaneous reboot since the 4.1.1 patch.

0 Likes
zombielove69
Contributor - Level 1

What I do is screen capture the email on my phone, send it to gmail, open on my pc, download, and use ms paint to block out my email and personal info, then post it to the forum. As long as NO Personal info is shown it won't break TOS, I've done it before on other sites.

Also, why the heck was the vzw that emailed you so obtuse and negative towards you asking about updates? I emailed a vzw about the 4.1.1 JellyBean Update and when we were getting it because it was delayed, and he was awesome. He actually told me "unofficially" that there was a glitch in something and it would be delayed another week and told me when it would be out after that week and it actually came. I was shocked that it was true. I wished I had saved the email to email him back about the delay or End of the updates to our Nexus.

Everyone who buys a Nexus knows what a Nexus is and why we buy them. So we can have the latest innovation from Google to maximize the performance and multitasking and experience with our phones. Delaying updates is delaying innovation and our user experience. I too will leave vzw if the Motorola X phone isn't sold outright by Google and vzw tries to restrict it. I think vzw stops updating phones to make the people who want newer os to buy the new phone that has the new os, and they like to get away with doing the bare minimum with everything.

0 Likes
rotocat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is the e-mail directly from Verizon Customer Service:

<Email transcript deleted as proprietary information per the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rotocat
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am sorry.   Although I can not find anything in the Verizon Terms of Service that it would violate, I can not post the e-mail sent to me by Verizon Customer Service.

I have been informed that ALL e-mails, no matter the source will be deleted from this community forum even though the Community Terms of Service do not support deleteing all email posts. 

0 Likes
DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

If your phone doesn't get an update, then you get NEITHER security or bug fixes.  End of story.  That is why I'm p.o.Ed about this utter nonsense.  Remember if your phone is compromised it won't be VZW or their p.o.s. executive's bank account that'll be emptied... It'll be yours... And the don't give one whit about it. 

PlayNation
Enthusiast - Level 1

Huh; so Microsoft, Oracle, and Adobe need to push security updates immediately; but this doesn't apply to Verizon?  Wow, what a tangled web.  The back story here must be epic between Samsung, Google, and Verizon...

carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

Once again Ann is spouting off about things that DO NOT CONCERN HER!!! Miss "I checked your activity". Get a life.

rotocat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ann is absolutely correct. The Verizon customer service response was in

an email to me, not on this forum. Ann is also correct that all reposts

on all e-mails will be deleted from this forum regardless of topic,

source, or factual content even though this policy is not in the

community terms of service.

On Feb 17, 2013 11:18 PM, "carseller0822" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes