Samsung Galaxy S I Texting/Calls Issue
aft3rm4thx

Just like the title states, I am having a texting/receiving calls issue with my Samsung Galaxy S I.  I understand that it is a year old and the software is not up-to-par with modern smartphones, but I feel that this is an issue that should be addressed.  Frequently, my phone will not send texts and will not receive or recognize incoming calls and if those calls leave voice messages.  I have received important phone calls that my phone will not recognize and I will get hammered with questions as to why I did not pick up my phone.  Sometimes it says it fails, sometimes it just goes through, but updates with the current time saying it sent at whatever the current time is.  Most of the time it fixes itself by restarting the phone.  But the few times that it will not fix it, I have to hard reset my phone back to factory settings.  As much as I love losing texts, voice messages, applications, and..well..everything on my phone, it is starting to become obnoxious to the point that the phone is becoming useless.  I have discussed this issue quickly with the verizon wireless setup at Best Buy(where I originally bought my phone) and they said it was an issue with my carrier and not the hardware.  But if it is not the hardware, why does hard resetting my phone fix the issue?  And even then it is just a temporary fix.  I would love to know my options, as whenever I discussed this, I never received any good, solid facts about this. 

Thank you,

Steve

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S I Texting/Calls Issue
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which Galaxy S phone do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
aft3rm4thx

Galaxy S I.  The first one released one year ago.  Samsung Galaxy S.  I can give more information if need be. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Galaxy S 1 class phones on Verizon Wireless are the Fascinate, the Continuum and maybe one other model. Please be more specific than Galaxy S.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
aft3rm4thx

My apologies.  Galaxy S Fascinate. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thank you for the clarification.

Now to request this discussion be moved to the Samsung Fascinate space.

0 Likes
aft3rm4thx

Thank you.  This discussion has been moved to the correct location.

0 Likes
Samsung Galaxy S I Texting/Calls Issue
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When was the last time you reprogrammed the phone to the Verizon Wireless network?  Dial *228, option 1 and follow the instructions.

0 Likes
aft3rm4thx

I just reprogrammed my phone as of 30 minutes ago.  It's not a constant thing, it's frequent with like every other text/call.  It is a draw of the luck scenario, which confuses me on why I would need to reprogram/hard reset my phone.  Any thoughts?

0 Likes