Samsung Galaxy S3 reboot 'looping' won't show charge
LJ1965

My phone has been acting funny for the past week or so.  Won't hold a charge, and the charge it does take drains VERY quickly.  Today, however, the phone shut down on it's own and would not reboot.  It goes to the Samsung icon screen and then would go immediately to black screen.  I tried a factory reset, but when I got to that screen I was looking at a 'dead bot' with a red exclamation mark above it.   I've tried the factory reset and the sytem reboot from the same screen.    I now get to the homescreen for about 4 seconds, then it shuts down again.   The setup wizard attempts to start and then the phone just powers off.  The phone has no damage.... physical nor water.   Oh, also, it's showing a full 100% charge, but when it restarts itself it shows an empty battery icon on the screen before it goes to black screen.   I need this fixed asap, please help!

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 reboot 'looping' won't show charge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LJ1965,

Thank you for completing this troubleshooting! Is the device no long under warranty?  Are you eligible for an upgrade? You can dial #UPG to check.  Let us know. I'm sure we can find an option for you!

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi LJ1965,

Help is here! Are you using the original charger that came with the device? Let try a factory reset with the device powered off http://vz.to/U0n2Zo . The device would need enough charge to complete the reset, so keep the device attached to the charger during the factory reset.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
LJ1965

Hello and thank you for your help. I have tried the factory reset and all

that already. I took it to my local Verizon and they told me my phone is

'gone'. Smiley Sad

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 8:43 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LJ1965,

Thank you for completing this troubleshooting! Is the device no long under warranty?  Are you eligible for an upgrade? You can dial #UPG to check.  Let us know. I'm sure we can find an option for you!

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes