Re: Samsung Gear s2 promotion was a scam
cjpd
Contributor - Level 1

I am going onto the State Attorney General website right now and filing a claim. I am not going to open either VR box and sure hope something changes.

cjpd
Contributor - Level 1

I just spoke w a supervisor at PrizeLogic and she said now, they are waiting for some type of audit within the company and hopes to get back w me by the end of today.  This is a scam.  Are you suggesting I contact Verizon at the 678 number you listed above vs contacting the State Attorney General? I live in another state and I believe we all must contact our local State Attorney General, correct?  Not the one for the State of Georgia?

0 Likes
cjpd
Contributor - Level 1

Do not accept this reason!  Was this clearly stated on the original offer? I bet not!  That is what they told me there were looking into in my case today....well, that cannot be valid for us either since 1 of the 3 of us did receive the watch!  We received our email confirmation for the watch on March 3/12, 3/13 and 3/14 FYI.  That is just another excuse jpettis

0 Likes
cjpd
Contributor - Level 1

I see that the company PrizeLogic is not a BBB accredited company!  Go to the BBB and file a complaint about this company.  Why are Verizon and Samsung, supposedly reputable companies, doing business with a non-accredited company?   Consumer Complaints for PrizeLogic - BBB serving Eastern Michigan and the Upper Peninsula

0 Likes
jpettis
Enthusiast - Level 2

OH I won't!!  This is b.s., I'm on the phone right now with Verizon and they will get a Samsung customer support person on the line with me right now....and they said they Verizon will get to the bottom of this.  We'll see

cjpd
Contributor - Level 1

I hope you have better success than I have had.  I have been suggested to go to a store and could exchange the VR there, Lie....and took me 2 hours round trip drive. Have called Samsung, Verizon and Prizelogic all multiple times all to no avail!  There is a long thread about this by another posting person you may also wish to post on....search for Free Gear S2 watch and you should be able to find that thread as well.  I will not only post on this website since this is Verizon specific.  We must all post to the web and notify the BBB and your state Attorney General! 

0 Likes
snace84
Enthusiast - Level 2

We were all scammed.  Samsung committed fraud.  If you read the Terms and Conditions now... the language was changed.  They should not get away with this.  A class action suite should be started.  I received an e-mail from Samsung that they received my submission for the watch and it was approved.   Now they are saying they had a limited supply and if you don't want the gear vr, you need to opt out to get a 100 e-reward certificate to shop online.  The original promotion language was changed... the links don't work anymore and you cannot even get someone on the phone.  It disconnects you and tells you to read the promotional for rules. 

FRAUD!!!!!

icerado
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not sure how many people will come across this thread but you are not alone.  I personally pre-ordered my phone online because I followed a forum thread on slickdeals that discusses the details of the promotion.  I do know for a fact they altered the "rules" or "qualifications" more then one time.  I don't have the original write up that they had on the Samsung promotional site, but I do have a screenshot of the promotion after they added the requirement to purchase online leaving in store purchases in the dark.

I pre-ordered my phone, and somehow Verizon managed to "missdeliver" my phone on 3 separate occassions.  Each time they would cancel and reorder the phone.  The third time I did not even AUTHORIZE them to charge my card, but after 3 weeks I'm assuming they just figured I'd be happy to finally get my phone I pre-ordered.  I have contacted both companies multiple times because of the fiasco I went through just getting my S7 and was always told I would have no issue getting my s2.  So with that I emailed Samsung back with the following response email:

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry; we use the location code on your Verizon receipt in order to verify where you purchased your device. The option to select a Samsung Gear S2 watch instead of the VR headset and Oculus Game Bundle is available exclusively for participants who purchased either a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge from www.VZW.com or through Verizon Telesales. For more information, please review the official Terms and Conditions here: https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/gearvr/en-us/Rules . More information about this may be found under Section 4. Gift Details.

If you have selected the Samsung Gear S2 option when you registered for this promotion and you did not purchase from www.VZW.com or Verizon Telesales, you will only be eligible to receive the VR headset and Oculus Game Bundle. Our team will also perform a second manual review of all location code receipts that we have received, and if the status of your submission is changed you will be notified by email.

Thank you,

PrizeLogic Support

My Response:

I'm replying once more to explain that you already approved me for an s2 watch.  Quite frankly I don't care where Verizon sold the phone to me from I purchased the phone online.  I did my part to qualify for this promotion.  If you're telling me I can't have the item that I was promised after Verizon delayed my delivery by almost a month then you should expect me to dispute through American Express because you're not fulfilling your side of the purchase agreement.  If Verizon changed where the phone was purchased that's something you will have to discuss with them.  If a VR is delivered to my address I will not accept the package and the phone will be returned to Verizon.

I appreciate your time but I have screenshots from Samsung saying I was approved for the promotion.  It was stuck on the shipping time as there were mass delays due to an overwhelming amount of s2 orders.  Due to the vast information of delays with the watches I would only assume you're trying to get as many people to take the VR bundle as possible.  If that isn't the case then I am sure you will listen to my phone calls with Verizon listening closely as I mentioned multiple times that I should still be eligible for said promotion.  If your response is the same in saying that you just can't give me the watch even though you already approved it, then I would appreciate you just write up a return on the phone because I have no desire to keep it at this point.

Regards,
Joe

This information will at the least help anyone who purchased over the phone because it blatantly says Telesales.  Which I should also qualify for because I never ordered any other way then through Verizon's Customer Service.  My final response to them is as follows and I will update if I hear anything more.

0 Likes
cjpd
Contributor - Level 1

I think I did get somewhere with my submission to the BBB.   I also filed w the state Attorney General but have not heard from them.  This is such a poor situation and I am not going to give up.  I have been an 18 year customer of Verizon and have nothing but Samsung products so perhaps it is time for me to believe they are not as good/reliable as I was hoping.  I am also on a thread for Free Gear S2 Watch.....you may want to get onto that one as well!  I have no other idea how to get this out of the Verizon site and onto the Web for more exposure but clearly this issue needs to be resolve correctly for us all or Verizon benefits the most...they have us all on a new 2 year contract now don't they and they have washed their hands so conveniently by saying it is PrizeLogics fault.  I am blaming Samsung, Verizon and Prizelogic and feel they all need to make this right for us.  I will wait for PrizeLogic now to try and figure out what the problem is electronically and hope that we get a good resolution.  I am not going to open up either VR box in hopes there will be an eventual exchange somehow!

0 Likes
jpettis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I contacted all three companies and finally after talking with prizelogic for the third time I was able to speak with a supervisor. And he told me that Samsung did an internal automatic Audits and there were some glitches. They did the audit to make sure that that people who ordered the watch phone online would get the watch or VR. He told me that I did qualify for the watch and the email I received was an error. And I should be getting the watch sometime within the next two weeks. The supervisor also noted on my account that we discussed what happened and that if there's any issues that I could call them back and talk to him directly to get things figured out if I didn't get the watch. So it's a waiting game right now and I'm hopeful that I am going to receive the watch. If not then I will contact the BBB in the general attorney and prizelogic again.