Re: Samsung Gear s2 promotion was a scam
jpettis
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh and the supervisor from prizelogic stated that there was a back order on the watches due to the high demand and that's why they are on the way and back ordered and sending out the watches.

0 Likes
icerado
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm going to try my best to avoid the BBB and Attorney General until I get a response email from them.  However I am not giving them more then 2 days to respond and that means they have until the end of today.  I understand they have had problems with stock for the s2 watch, but that doesn't excuse what looks like a bait-n-switch.  They seriously sound like they hoped people would just take the VR, but did they really think anyone would choose the VR over the watch???  I just think they are overwhelmed and this was a attempt to trick people into just accepting the cheaper alternative.  I will not be accepting the package and I will return the phone if I don't get my watch within the next 2 weeks.  Verizon could easily use their in-store inventory to remedy this where they can

snace84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't believe them.  They are just getting you off their back for now.  They told my mother the same thing and they told me that the e-mails stating that I didn't qualify for the for the VR because I either purchased the phone in store or had a business account to which neither was true.  I will keep you posted but they have been telling people the same thing as they told you.

[Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

snace84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just to let you know... they accepted my watch order on March 11th and then tried to tell me that i ordered the phone in store and I wasn't eligible.  They are lying to everyone.

cjpd
Contributor - Level 1

Ha!  Told me that as well and then I received the 2 VR's! 

0 Likes
unhappy22

I also was scammed.   I bought the new phone ONLY to get the Gear S2.  Once I got the phone, I went online and ordered the watch.  Then a few days later, received an email that had VR on it.  I called and confirmed that i would be getting the watch.  Several weeks later, the VR arrived.  I made several phone calls and was eventually lead to P. Logic.  Was told that a supervisor would call me back in 5 to 10 business days.  (yeah - I should have figured THAT one out!).  Of course, no phone call.   

I would like to know did ANYONE actually recieve the watch, or was just a scam to unload a big inventory of VR units and they never intended to send out the watch at all?   Has anyone been successful in getting satisfaction in their complaints - even thru BBB?   If someone has a suggestion of what to do - please tell me.  As it stands now, verizon is just passing the buck and so on and so on, until the uproar just dies out.

0 Likes
Rockym
Enthusiast - Level 3

Had no problem.  Ordered my phone on 3/15, received on 3/16 and submitted info to get watch.  Approval email came on 4/7 and the watch was delivered a few weeks later. Which 6-8 weeks from the initial submission just like they said.

If I may ask, why did you buy the phone just to get the watch, when you could have just bought the watch itself for less than half the price of the phone?  The S7 is not required to use the watch, it works with any Samsung phone that runs Android 4.4 or above.

0 Likes
lcpoll

You all should just be happy if you have received something. I applied for 2 watches on March 8th, and still haven't received so much as an estimated shipping date. I've contacted Samsung, Verizon, and Prize Logic, and they just don't seem to care at all. They just keep blaming everything on some third party that is handling the distribution, but there's no way to contact them. Lying to people about a promotion just to sell their new product is not a good way to get repeat customers.

0 Likes
Erickosor8

Sorry to hear that.  I received my watch a while ago,  so hearing this makes me glad i did.  Hope you eventually get it in the mail.  Good luck to you!

0 Likes
Redhawk70

Well  still waiting have been passed from person to person for months . I was told still processing this was the biggest scam from Verizon and Samsung. Followed the rules to be let down what a bunch of crooks.

0 Likes