Samsung Kies GONE after 4.3 upgrade
DennisGauge

It was bad enough that I couldn't connect my phone as a mass storage device, and was forced to use Kies.

Now, after the 4.3 upgrade Kies is GONE!

There is no way to transfer videos and pictures to my PC now, except to email them which uses data.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Kies GONE after 4.3 upgrade
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you considered transferring the files over wifi? I use it when my USB port is acting flaky. I have heard of an app called AirDroid in the Play Store for wifi transfers.

I personally use ES file Explorer to create a LAN server connection with my laptop and copy files from the computer to the phone or in reverse.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sdhasley

I still have Kies on my phone after the update

0 Likes
DennisGauge

Right now I would take being able to transfer files with two soup cans and a piece of string.

Kies used to be at the bottom of the Settings --> Connections menu, but after the 4.3 upgrade, it's no longer there or anywhere else on my phone.

I tried to get Kies from the Play store, but no-go. It doesn't list Kies. Internet search says it's not compatible with my phone?!? I can't get your "ES File Explorer" either. Same deal, not compatible with my S4.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Kies is available from the manufacturer Samsung and is likely found on their website.

ES File Explorer is quite compatible with the S4. The S4 I currently have had it installed on it up until last night when I uninstalled it. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Samsung Kies GONE after 4.3 upgrade
Sportschicfla

I just back everything up and transfer it via google - you can do contacts, pics & video.  My better then the Verizon Cloud.

0 Likes