Samsung Nexus Charging/power issues
Bleed_Blue

First off i love this phone,  but in the last week it wont charge correct. And now it wont go to sleep the screen stays on.  and i power it down and turns back on.  and it is driving me crazy.  i have tried 5 different charging cables. and i have Factory reset the phone.

i need help

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Nexus Charging/power issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to enjoy reliable performance from that awesome device Bleed_Blue! Thanks for trying different cables. How about a different charger all together, such as a car charger? Tried a different battery? Did you readd or retain your apps when you completed the reset?

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
nopayne

I have had the same issues with the Galaxy Nexus.  It would charge very slowly or not at all, then if I used it for a few minutes, the battery would be almost dead.  I went into a Verizon store and bought a brand new charger and cord, and it charges like a new phone.  And super fast.  It cost me $29 but is well worth it

john

0 Likes
mbhsjay

I love this phone also.  About 5 weeks ago I did the system upgrade, and since then the phone has not been able to keep a charge longer than 5 hours with no usage.  Been to the Verizon store 3 times in the past 4 weeks and the last experience was horrible.  Basically they said wait for the patch, if they do one.  The "customer service" agent showed no interest in solving my problem saying it is a hardware issue and not a verizon issue.  Very unhappy.

0 Likes
carolinasrt4

I am having this issue also. I have tried different chargers (house, car, PC) and different cables. I am not sure if this is a issue with the slot on the phone to plug the charger or not. sometimes it works fine others it just refuses to charge. It dies very quickly. I have no tired another battery yet. the phone is less than a year old. I know they go bad but within a year. The phone has no water damage. I am about to just go back to a normal cell phone and say forget the smart phone and having to pay the extra money a month for the internet service.

0 Likes
2mcv

I too can't charge my phone.  When I turn it off it says it's charging but nothing.  I have taken the battery out and replaced, cleaned the contacts. I'm screwed as I have work data that I can't access. I hate this phone.  7 hours is all the battery has ever lasted.. I bought this reconditioned last July and have regretted it.  I have tried 3 different chargers, including the car one. This sucks.

0 Likes
More_Cowbell

I've had battery issues since the 4.2.2 upgrade. After about a week I did a factory reset, and it didn't help. I have the battery that came with the phone and an additional extended battery. I have multiple chargers. The battery life is just a tiny fraction of what it used to be, and the upper front part of the phone gets very hot.

The most frustrating thing is that the battery says it's at a certain high level, but the phone powers down and when I get it back up for a second it says to recharge. I just did it again now (after about an hour and a half of extended battery use, with no downloading or text messaging or calling) and the battery status changed from 76%, which should have been about right under the "improved" OS, to 100%. So there was no reason that the phone powered down before. I'd think that it was the battery status app that was defective, except that it had only been about an hour and a half since I put in the fully charged extended battery.

There are complaints about Jellybean all over the internet. Verizon keeps saying that there might be a patch. I have less than a year left on my contract and I'll be going to another carrier and a contract-free phone. This is ridiculous.

0 Likes
ptdropper

I was able to repair a problem with my phone charger not charging the battery. Turns out in my case the connector on the phone was the root of the problem.

http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/forum/threa

0 Likes