Samsung S22 Ultra performing Verizon Health Check
SaltyS21U_User
Contributor - Level 3

May someone, anyone please explain why when in the Verizon App. "Knowing how this device is performing."

CONNECTIVITY > Network Mode > states:

"Your phone can't automatically switch to a faster network if it's available.  Your better off in LTE/CDMA or global modes for better signal strength." 

With right below that a tab to tap

"See Settings" > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Operators 

Which is set  Automatically or you could set manually with the options of:

VERIZON

EXPANDED

ROAM 

*OR SEVERAL 6 DIGIT CODES

Absolutely no option to set to LTE/CDMA or global modes.

As I am sitting here at my home on 5g with 5 bars and have been told several times to go to:

Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings. 

Please help me understand how Resetting  Network Settings is going to switch to a faster Network such as LTE/CDMA or global mode as  several Tier II Techs have suggested? 

Please anyone someone explain.

Thanking you in advance.

Salty... Oh, yes I am!!
Labels (1)
Re: Samsung S22 Ultra performing Verizon Health Check
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A network settings reset is always a useful thing to try when having connection issues. It helps reset the connection to the nearby towers.

*Gavin

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please know your concern/issue has been read, we understand the desire to switch to a faster data speed if available.  We are happy to delve deeper into this with you.  Can  you please send us a Private Message, so we can continue?  

*Lisa

0 Likes
SaltyS21U_User
Contributor - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support how about you send me a private message so I can reply privately, so no other customers experiencing this issue can see your reply.

Salty... Oh, yes I am!!
0 Likes
bjtb80
Enthusiast - Level 1

SAME! I tried the health thing, and it gave me the exact same "problem" that I can't do anything about. This is so dumb. I spent FOREVER trying to get Verizon to help and they are so useless. My phone has 4G with 1-2 bars or 5G with 1 bar in places where I had all the 4G bars before I got a new phone. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SaltyS21U_User,

Please know that we do encourage community threads for assistance and for other members to see what is going on. When more than 2 days have passed without anyone else participating in the thread, that is when we will jump in. We may ask to bring folks to Private Note so that we can access the account for more specfic device or account details, which cannot be done in public. 

We appreciate you bringing up this feedback with us -- can you please clarify the issue that you're experiencing? Are you upset in regard to the Mobile Network options, or something else? The format made your concern a bit unclear. We would be glad to assist if you would like to continue. 

*Celeste

0 Likes
SaltyS21U_User
Contributor - Level 3

@verizon_customer_SUPPORT

I have sent you a private message, as you have requested. I would greatly appreciate a call, regarding anything you would care to discuss concerning the issues I have addressed.

Thanking you in advance, once again.

Salty... Oh, yes I am!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please send us a private message, so we can assist you with your concern.  *Mabell

0 Likes
SaltyS21U_User
Contributor - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support 

*Mabel

Good afternoon, *Mable.

Before you go asking for me to send a private message, I am asking you to read the thread three times along with the previous private messages. Then ask yourself do I need another private message concerning this issue(s).

Thanking you in advance.

Ps - not real sure how many more times I need to repeat myself. Just saying

Salty... Oh, yes I am!!
0 Likes
Redfox_777
Enthusiast - Level 2

@SaltyS21U_User wrote:

May someone, anyone please explain why when in the Verizon App. "Knowing how this device is performing."

CONNECTIVITY > Network Mode > states:

"Your phone can't automatically switch to a faster network if it's available.  Your better off in LTE/CDMA or global modes for better signal strength." 

With right below that a tab to tap

"See Settings" > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Operators 

Which is set  Automatically or you could set manually with the options of:

VERIZON

EXPANDED

ROAM 

*OR SEVERAL 6 DIGIT CODES

Absolutely no option to set to LTE/CDMA or global modes.

As I am sitting here at my home on 5g with 5 bars and have been told several times to go to:

Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings. 

Please help me understand how Resetting  Network Settings is going to switch to a faster Network such as LTE/CDMA or global mode as  several Tier II Techs have suggested? 

Please anyone someone explain.

Thanking you in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Likes