Samsung Ultra S22 voicemail notification not working
Val0022
Enthusiast - Level 1

hello,  my notification within my voicemail is on however I'm not receiving notifications when someone leaves me a voicemail

Re: Samsung Ultra S22 voicemail notification not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi! Thank you for reaching out to us. I found this for you:

Settings. Under Messages, Calls, or Voicemail, tap the notification setting: Message notifications.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWFz2xbqUeU

>Ulises

0 Likes
Val0022
Enthusiast - Level 1

thank you for your reply however I've  seen this as well and my notification isn't set to silent.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Val0022. We want to ensure you receive the help you need to resolve this issue. We are sending you a Private Note to assist you further.

*Cassie

0 Likes
buttercups
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem with my s22+ I purchased from a verizon store in November. I have missed a lot of voicemails for several days, and that is not good when you're looking for a job, interviewing, and waiting on phone call. Please help. 

buttercups
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem - new phone in November purchased from Verizon store. I have been in the process of looking for a new job, interviewing, and waiting on phone calls, and I have missed several voicemails until a couple of weeks later. That is NOT good. Verizon, please help.  I woke up the day after Christmas to 10 new voicemails - there was actually a "10" above the Voicemail icon on my home screen - that were from the first day we got our new phones in early November. Found out I had to delete all the voicemails with new phone. Okay. Today, I got a voicemail notification from a call that came in about 10 minutes before I saw the notification, however, now there also appeared a call from my Dad a few days ago, and I had just checked this morning and Voicemail showed no voicemails. This is ridiculous. 

TMS723
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Samsung Galaxy S22+ that was purchased a few months ago. I have all of my settings set up properly for the voicemail but I am still not receiving a notification when I get one.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to us that you have full access to your services, and we are here to help. We'll be creating a Private Note to further address this, please be on the lookout for it! 

*Michael

0 Likes
mewohkie
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is happening to many people since January 1st when Verizon shut down their 3G/CDMA network, but did not change any settings inside their meta switch. Currently the switch is programmed to route voice calls to your device through any service it is capable of and is the less congested to use. This results in the Meta Switch routing your incoming call to the CDMA network, and as there is no network anymore it dumps it to a voice mail box without ever ringing your handset. If you had a seperate voice mail service it might have even defaulted to verizon's voice mail box.

The solution would be for Verizon Network Engineering to code a new rule into the meta switch to ignore CDMA now and only try to route calls through 4G LTE/+, 5G, or Wifi calling.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

buttercups, we want your phone working as it should. Please send us a Private Note, so we can assist you here. 

*Bee

0 Likes