Re: Samsung fascinate Battery and call problems
TotalDisgust

I'm hoping that someone will file a class-action suit against Verizon...I'd join in

0 Likes
RenyHas

I'm so happy to hear that I am not the only person who is experiencing this battery issue.  Verizon's technical phone support never shares the information that others are experiencing the same problem.  In addition, since the update, my phone is not receiving all incoming calls and does not even register as a missed call on the phone log.  I am a real estate agent and my clients are accusing me of ignoring them and find it hard to believe when I tell them that I never got their call!  After several calls to Verizon and several manual resets, I finally gave in and accepted the "new" refurbished phone.  Just activated it and am still experiencing the same problems. 

Is anyone else having this incoming call problem?  I am also having problems with outgoing calls and texts.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

TotalDisgust wrote:

I'm hoping that someone will file a class-action suit against Verizon...I'd join in

Ask for a replacement phone, not the same fascinate brand, call Tech support
0 Likes
CoastCrystal

I have had this phone for just a week. I have had no problems EXCEPT missed text messages. It's happened four times since I got the phone (that I know of). I am now wondering if I have made a mistake and need to get another phone? I was going to get a Droid, but it doesn't have Navigator, and I always use that GPS when I go out of town (I live in a VERY rural area and have to have GPS when going to the City.) Does the droid have a similar or better GPS program?

0 Likes
Chinfie
I have EXACTLY the same problem. Purchased my phone last October, had to deal with Verizon telling me I'd get the update every month, which I didn't get til May. Now that I got the update, the battery is crap, lasts no longer than eight hours if I don't even use it, apparently miss tons of calls and texts, my texts don't always send, and I thought this update was supposed to allow us to use the internet while on a call? Doesn't work with mine. Also, I have TERRIBLE service, goes from three bars to one or zero at least once in every five minutes, doesn't matter where I am. When using the internet, I don't receive calls, and the bars drop to either one or zero. If I'm paying over a hundred dollars a month (which is absolutely ridiculous) then my effing phone had better work GREAT at least the majority of the time! And missed calls is absolutely unacceptable. I'm paying for a phone that can't get calls...are you serious? I've missed several calls from my doctor and a call that my grandmother was in the hospital, not including several calls from my boss. Voicemails just pop up without a missed call or the phone ringing, even if the person is sitting right next to me. I'm very seriously considering the cancellation fee and going to a different company. The best network? I think not. This needs to be fixed NOW, not put off for six months, and we should get a month free. You're about to lose six unlimited customers Verizon.
0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Chinfie:

I'd like to address your concerns with your Fascinate.  We do have new options available for customers having issues receiving phone calls on their Fascinate.  About the update: No update will ever allow you to make phone calls and use the internet simultaneously on our 3G network.  You can make a phone call and use Wi-Fi to connect to the internet while on the call.  Calling and using the internet simultaneously is available on a 4G device while in a 4G coverage area.  

The software version ED05 is on the way, but I don't have an exact ETA for the push.  In the meantime, I'll PM you to go over some additional options.  Feel free to post on this forum as well. The options are well outlined well in this forum thread.  Check out my posts here addressing the issue. 

0 Likes
darlenecd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had nothing but problems with this phone. Never getting my calls and if a voice mail does come its over an hour later. Most of my text messages don't go for hours or a day later if at all. I have almost no signal no matter where I am.. Verizon sent me a extender box to help with this problem at home HA HA.. I am sitting right next to it with 4 bars and still not getting my calls. Now they have offered me the droid charge, droid x2 or droid incredible 2.. but after reading reviews and post I am really discussed. Everyone is saying the charge and incredible 2 are having the same issues and I really hate the droid x2 but that one does have a little better review..I am TOTALLY UNHAPPY !!!!!! I  am paying top dollar for phone service and getting metro pcs service.. NOT HAPPY!!!! 

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Hi Mike, what phones are being offered to swap out with the Samsung Fascinate?

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Reny, my wife and I are having the same problems with both of our Fascinates, we also have force closed applications, freezing, people say we sound distant and our voices sound scratchy over the phone. Most importantly we miss calls, from family, friends and work. This is horrible, we miss eachothers calls as well, even when we are sitting right next to eachother, we test this quite a few times and we end up missing a few calls, text or IM's from eachother, we are curious how many other calls we don't know about we have missed. The signal is also rather poor on both of our phones, it is usually 2 bars, when on our last couple verizon phones we would see mainly 3 bars and 4 bars. The wifi signal is poor too, sitting 5 feet away from my router produces 1 bar on wifi over the phone....we pay too much money a month for these types of issues to happen all the time.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Is the Samsung Droid Charge still offered as a swap? We would love these, it has that great AMOLED screen that we love, fast 1GHZ processor and looks gorgeous!

0 Likes