Samsung fascinate problem with media sound.
brian414

So I have a Samsung fascinate, and when I plug my earbuds in to listen to my music on my phone when im playing basketball or working or whatever the sound will only work 20% of the time. I will have to shut my phone off and turn it back on multiple times b4 it will work again. Does anyone know of any troubleshooting problems that could help fix this????

plz help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung fascinate problem with media sound.
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Brian414,

I understand your frustration with regard to the earbuds for your phone. I would like to ask a few questions, if I may. 

• Does this happen only when playing music, or does it happen on phone calls as well?
  • Are you using a third-party music player application?
  • Does your music play on the speaker of your phone if not using the earbuds?

To troubleshoot, you could try a battery pull on the device. Please remove the battery while the phone is on. Then, wait 60 seconds and re-attach the battery. Once the phone is powered on, please try the earbuds again. 

Please let us know if you need any additional assistance. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
brian414

oh and i know its not a problem with the earbuds because i tried them in my friends htc thunderbolt and they worked fine.

0 Likes
brian414

Seriously? no one knows anything?

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Brian414,

I understand your frustration with regard to the earbuds for your phone. I would like to ask a few questions, if I may. 

• Does this happen only when playing music, or does it happen on phone calls as well?
  • Are you using a third-party music player application?
  • Does your music play on the speaker of your phone if not using the earbuds?

To troubleshoot, you could try a battery pull on the device. Please remove the battery while the phone is on. Then, wait 60 seconds and re-attach the battery. Once the phone is powered on, please try the earbuds again. 

Please let us know if you need any additional assistance. 

0 Likes