Samsung galaxy nexus issue?
loveroftruth
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently got a galaxy nexus running 4.2.2. Being with an iPhone for few years it was fun relearning the android system. But my concern is that mine seems to overheat frequently. Anyone else have issues with top two inches of screen side getting so hot you risk being burnt? Also, if you have an installment on your account you can't have a replacement shipped to you you have to go into a corporate store, which is serious inconveniance

0 Likes
Re: Samsung galaxy nexus issue?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi loveroftruth. I want you to love your awesome new Nexus. It's fairly normal for any phone to become warm while charging or in use, but becoming so hot it feels like you'll burn yourself is definitely not normal. In the rare occurance where your phone may be overheating, we encourage you to bring your device into a retail store http://bit.ly/3SdsA whether you have a payment plan or purchased your phone outright so one of our fantastic store representatives can evaluate the device and accessories. Please bring all power accessories with the device to the retail location, including batteries, car charger, travel charger, desktop charger and/or or stand.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
steampunk_cowboy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hold your breath. Latest Android news (or rumor) is that all unrooted Android devices running stock 4.2.2 Jelly Bean / build # JDQ39 will receive an automatic OTA update to 4.3 (or 4.3.1) that Google will be releasing this summer to correct battery-overheating and charge-draining issues. It seems that Google wants to conclude the Jelly Bean series on a positive note before introducing the new Key Lime Pie (5.0) series. My fingers are crossed (AGAIN).

0 Likes
loveroftruth
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've heard that as well. Well my replacement nexus was having same overheating issues and when I took it in to the store to be replaced again I was informed there were no replacement nexus available so I was moved to a different model phone

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
steampunk_cowboy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm sorry that you had to switch to another model. The Galaxy Nexus, in spite of its flaws, is still the 'purest' Android smartphone. My relationship with my GNex continues to evolve in a positive, creative way as I learn more and more about its operating system (currently 4.2.2) and its quirks.Looking forward to the OTA update to 4.3 or 4.3.1 or 4.3.2?

0 Likes