Re: Samsung phones having GPS issues
jmz768
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had this issues with two phones, so I really doubt it is a problem with a corrupted update.  Besides, I don't have a PC available, only a Chromebook.

Others have been complaining about this same issue so at this point,  I'm about to give up and just switch to AT&T and take advantage of getting a brand new phone for free.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This has been going on for too long. Here is a link to the troubleshooting guide for your Galaxy S20. http://spr.ly/66091sfcJ Please tell me, have you tried to use a different app on your device for navigation? Does any GPS app work? Next, is the location on in the settings?    VanetrisC_VZW

0 Likes
rodjacobson
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Note 8 Google navigation app has been freezing since the last update.  It's 2 years old now, so I guess it's time to expect forced obsolescence with updates from now on.

0 Likes
rodjacobson
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's when my problems started.  An accidental mistake made by the programmers, or forced obsolescence?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, being on top of your GPS is vital, especially if you are having issues. What exactly happens when you try to use it? What recent changes have occurred? Any other problems?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
rodjacobson
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm surprised that you aren't aware of the problem, as it has been a problem for many for the last ~month.

As I already said, my GPS navigation locks up during use.  It was never a problem before the last update.  I have to get out of the program (app) & start over, which is not always an option when I am driving.

This 'issue' puts me & others at risk.  Please get this corrected sooner than later, before it costs somebody their life.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rodjacobson, we know the importance of ensuring your navigation application is working successfully. Have you reached out to Google Directly concerning their application? You can also leave feedback within the application. Here are the steps: https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3094045?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
Johrael
Enthusiast - Level 1

As many have said, it's not just with Google applications. Anything that touches Location Services has the issue -- MapMyRun, Strava, Pokemon Go, Google Maps, Life360. In the last 10 minutes, my phone has walked me over water, through neighborhoods, and then teleported me back home when it hasn't left my desk.

I'm currently having these issues on a Galaxy Note 10+ (which makes at least 3 different Samsung devices listed in this thread), and my wife is having the same issues on a different Galaxy Note 10+. The issue started at least a week or two ago.

I've gone through and...

• cleared the various application cache(s)
  • disabled and re-enabled Location Services through phone settings
  • restarted the device
  • power cycled the device
  • enable and disable Wi-Fi
  • toggled Wi-Fi and Bluetooth location scanning

Do you want each consumer to reach out to each individual company? This really doesn't sound like an application issue but more an infrastructure or proprietary software issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for the additional information and details that you have provided regarding your experience Johrael. We can understand wanting to get some answers about what is causing this. We are attempting to gather as much information as we can from the individuals reporting this matter. On your device, did you also complete a software update of any kind around the time this started happening?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
Johrael
Enthusiast - Level 1

The last software update was applied on March 16, 2020. Software was updated to N975USQS3BTB3.

I honestly cannot remember if the issues started around that time. I remember having some intermittent issues earlier in March before that update and I have been having issues since then.