Samsung s22 loses cell network connectivity.
unipanthers14
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife's phone (Samsung s22 ultra) is losing all cell phone network connectivity in certain areas/locations where we live while my phone has perfect network connection.  We are on the same plan.  It is reproducible.  It's frustrating for her.

We have tried the following things: Factory reset, reset network/phone settings, eSim, new physical sim, and all software is up to date.  The phone is in perfect condition.  Verizon wants us to pay off $800+ for a phone that obviously has a network/software issue and get a new one which is unacceptable.

Afyer doing some searching it appears this is a pretty common problem with the s22 ultras.  Anyone been able to resolve this particular issue?

34 Replies
LuisLeonS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,  I just started having the same issue with my S22 ultra. When  I visited the Verizon store, I got a new sim card ($30 charge) and after I drove away, I had no service again. Any updates from Verizon or Samsung regarding warranty or replacement?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LuisLeonS, thank you for reaching out about your connectivity concerns. We appreciate your efforts. Can you please share any additional troubleshooting that has been done? We hope you won't be in need of a new SIM again any time soon, but please know corporate stores do not charge for SIMs vzw.com/stores. 

-Melissa

0 Likes
LuisLeonS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Melissa. Thanks for your reply. I have found few forums where they talk about this known issue that happens to S22 ultras after a big update. Mine started after two days ago when it updated to Android 14. At the store,  located in Westford MA, they put the phone on airplane mode and off and it got service in the store. They replaced the sim for a $30 fee ( I have the receipt) and then when I drove away I lost service again. Until I got home to my Verizon fios WiFi. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for sharing that additional information with us LuisLeonS. Outside of the new sim card and the store turning airplane mode on/off, have any other troubleshooting steps been completed ( i.e. Network Reset, Factory Reset, etc.)? We want to make sure we know what steps may have already been taken to avoid having your to repeat the same steps.

-Andi

0 Likes
Annoyeduser12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having this issue on my phone

0 Likes
mikemcclelland69
Enthusiast - Level 1
  • I have the same issue that started this past week.  Phone is nothing more than a hand held PC now that must be on wifi to work....angry!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mikemcclelland69, not being able to use your phone's services is a problem, and something we'd be happy to look at. We can see what's going on, and troubleshoot together. I'm sending a Private Note, so we can work on that further.

-John

0 Likes
mmarston15
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue! My wife's phone has service in places I don't and we have the same phone. How can I fix this! Factory Reset didn't even work!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, mmarston15, I'm sorry to hear you've been running into an issue with service. What is happening as far as not having service on your phone? Is this happening in particular areas? 

-Lauren

0 Likes
Mosbius
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same, I have discuss and talked to several Verizon representatives and none of them were able to help.   I even did a full factory reset and did not help one bit and I am still without a solution from Verizon.  3 months and counting without reliable service.  Totally unacceptable!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for brining this to our attention. Verizon strives to provide reliable service, and we would like to help as soon as possible. To better assist you, I'll be sending you a Private Note, please reply to it, so we can get started.

~Maria

0 Likes
Nagode
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have anyone found a solution to this? I have the same issue. Wasted hours with cuatomwr service and still not solved. Need to have a functioning phone. Been a Verizon customer for more than 20 years. It is unbelievable. 

EmM24
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe I am having the same problem. 

My galaxy S22 drops service intermittently throughout the day - it can be set in the same spot, and without being moved, the service will drop out suddenly.

When it is working, I have 5G coverage, but when it drops out, it says I have 2 - 3 bars of 4G, but no internet connectivity. 

Additionally, and this is a separate issue, I can't connect to certain wifi networks, like my work wifi, for example. It just continuously tries to reconnect and fails over and over. My IT department can't figure out why this is happening either, as it seems just to be S22's having the problem.

I have had the phone for around 1 year at this point, and the problem is only getting more persistent and frequent.

It is exceptionally frustrating to deal with so many issues on this $800+ dollar phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EmM24, my apologies to hear of the issues you are having with your phone but help is here. Let's work together to see what is happening with your device as we always want you to have a properly working phone. I have sent you a Private Note for additional assistance.

-Natasha

0 Likes
Mosbius
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue.   End of June and beginning of July the phone would lost mobile network connection.  At locations where I use to have service, it is lacking.  It is ridiculous that I now have to walk outside my house to make phone calls.  At work, I need to drive or walk about 400 yards to a main road to set service.   I have talked and went through the whole trouble shooting to level 2 support without any change.  I am very frustrated and feel Verizon is not doing enough.  I have missed emergency work calls and other important meetings.  

0 Likes
Mosbius
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sim Card and eSim replacement does not help.  It is my opinion the issue is a combination of phone and Verizon network issue.  I just visited PA and had  much better service but still had the same issues but much less frequently.   I think Verizon, should replace or upgrade my device to rectify this issue.  6 months of headache dealing with this phone and Verizon!  Ahhhh!

0 Likes
Mosbius
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still trying to deal with this issue.  Verizon Customer Service is a joke!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mosbius. we're sorry to hear that you're still having problems with your service. We're going to send you a Private Note so we can gather more details.

~Jesse

0 Likes
Annoyeduser12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Maybe you should have a public chat so we can all get an answer

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure that you stay connected at all times. Please tell us, does this happen during specific times of the day? Is this only impacting your device? ~Geo

0 Likes