Re: Samsung told me and a VZW rep that 4.0.4 will be pushed on 5-30-2012
ShellyGal
Enthusiast - Level 3

They do see them, trust me... the walls have ears... too

0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

The major bugs didn't start until after 14 days. It wasn't even a month later that I tried for a refund by to no avail. Also considering Google had posted one fix early and second by March I was under the assumption that Big Red would be capable of updating our phones.I did not know at the time that the tech department was a bunch of monkeys engaged in a poop flinging contest. Since you obviously have no idea what is going on quit posting. The only thing that is a bigger joke than VZ customer service is their community leaders.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

rebretz wrote:

The major bugs didn't start until after 14 days. It wasn't even a month later that I tried for a refund by to no avail. Also considering Google had posted one fix early and second by March I was under the assumption that Big Red would be capable of updating our phones.I did not know at the time that the tech department was a bunch of monkeys engaged in a poop flinging contest. Since you obviously have no idea what is going on quit posting. The only thing that is a bigger joke than VZ customer service is their community leaders.

ok....well if you didn't realize their testing procedures are RIDICULOUSLY long, then i'll just let you know that they are. so in the future you should be aware that they push updates much later than other carriers. sorry it's been such a fiasco, but you should be aware in the future that their update process has always been an issue......with every device that i've seen. the fact that it is pushed by them is a problem to me. why not just make it available for everyone to download, instead of pushing in batches?

0 Likes
Shinnen13
Contributor - Level 1

So, for whatever it is worth... I just spoke with rep about a tech support / engineer issue, and when I said I was waiting for the 4.0.4. update to hopefully rectify a problem that is not phone specific, she stated that "there was nothing in her system about the update."

I do agree with Azsaluki, I think we should get off the forums and go to your local store, call customer loyalty, call tech support, email, or warranty your phone. I do realize that running your phone through warranty may not provide the results you want, but it does cost Verizon....How their agreement is structured with the manufacturers of the phone, will end up costing them a pretty penny. I did it with my Incredible. Continually had the same problem, so I continually sent it back..My Galaxy Nexus is, I think, the 9th phone that I have had in 3 yrs.....

Just something to ponder

0 Likes
aussierescue
Enthusiast - Level 3

You seem to still be missing the flipping point. We paid for a product with

an expectation and were presented with an expectation, which can actually

be turned into a sue-able option, happens all the time, in fact I think VZ

has been the defendant in a few Class Action suits. So don't think that

eventually the general public gets fed up with all this crap, and sues.

You posting your retorts is not helping, if anything your are inciting us

even more.

The auto industry analogy is spot on, and I for one will welcome Chuckie

Shummer and his minion to come flying in and taking VZ down a few levels.

In Illinois those gift cards that we all used to give at Xmas expired and

we all would lose the money, well guess what, some kid of a senator had one

and complained to good ole dad, guess what, they passed a law on that, all

because someone woke a sleeping dog.

It's coming, and it will spell a big laugh from all of us un-chilled

low-lifes that just complain about things when bigger problems are lurking

in the world...

"Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog

would go in." — Mark Twain

aussierescue
Enthusiast - Level 3

That shows the complete breakdown of communication, at a communication

company.

0 Likes
Shinnen13
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, I told her that we as customers were facing a major problem in the fact that we cannot get a straight answer from anyone...Let alone, that we consistently get 4 different versions of the spectrum of a story....

0 Likes
bstealthy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ridiculous.  There are 2 nexus phones on my account.  Returned a total of 6 times between the two of them.  I don't make very many phone calls, but in the 14 day trial period you are referring to it was easy to go unnoticed for the issue seems to be intermittent. 

I called multiple times to customer service and set foot in no less than 3 verizon storefronts with the issue of data drops and mic cutting out issues.  The response I got from the fine customer service reps is that 1) after looking at me dumbfounded, they stated that they "had no idea" of any issues.  2)  Then, when they finally did acknowledge these issues they said there is an update coming VERY soon, so sit tight, it will solve all problems (that was 3 months ago by the way)  3)  Offering refurb phones in the meantime that are just as broken as the 6 pieces of garbage I've now had replaced (all of them suffer from the same problems)

So after sidestepping me long enough for my 14 day trial, I am now stuck with garbage, lies and complete idiocy from verizon cs reps.  This is an outrage.

You are supposed to be a CL on this forum which blows me away at how much you'll defend this company and try and make us all feel foolish for not taking a phone back during a 14 day period in which customers were promised a swift and prompt release once these issues were becoming more and more frequent from a customer base reporting them.  Then sidestepped us just long enough to essentially lock us into contract and phone model.  I thought as a CL you'd be more sympathetic and offer ways to get this issue addressed but instead you're actually trolling this thread.

Troll elsewhere..

In the meantime customers are stuck with what they have.  I hate to sound overly negative on this issue anymore but I can tell you I have friends who have already unlocked their nexus and installed this EXACT same update that is scheduled to roll out and it has done nothing for microphone cutting out issue, crackling, screeching popping and dropped calls.  They are still just as prevalent as they were before this update.  I'm not even concerned with how long it took to update I just want this fixed and it's clear to me Verizon has absolutely no idea how to solve the radio issues on this phone.  This will be a seriously uphill journey for us customers

nexus_truth
Enthusiast - Level 3

I Have confirmation that the update went live yesterday and that it will be rolling out to all customers with in the next 10 days. It is released in batch based on phone serial numbers. If you have not received the update by then you can manually update by going into settings after day 10.

0 Likes
aussierescue
Enthusiast - Level 3

<< Comment removed to comply with >>

Google should release it now. I bought mine when it came out, no update for

me yet

Sent from my Google Galaxy Nexus

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes