Samsung
JOHBUR60

I was recently flying and heard that the Samsung 7 was banned from being on aircraft from the FAA.  I'm in the market for a new phone.  I've had, use and still enjoy the I phone product.  I have an I phone 6+.  My wife has the Samsung galaxy s and has had no issues.  I  have had a couple crashes and siri seems to go off on her own some days, calling , texting and emailing without even being touched.  The direction apps are superior in the galaxy product and the OS seems to be more alligned with business apps.  Can you recommend a smart phone that will help be run my business better?  I travel frequently and need a directions app that wont cut out everytime i get a call.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung
rcschnoor
Legend

JOHBUR60 wrote:

My wife has the Samsung galaxy s and has had no issues.

Which one? You indicated you have an iPhone 6+. Like the iPhone 4,5,6,7 there are also Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, S5, S6, S7.

JOHBUR60 wrote:

The direction apps are superior in the galaxy product and the OS seems to be more alligned with business apps.

Are you aware Google Maps is available for Androids AND iPhones? You don't need to use Apple's directions app, and I would not recommend it over Google Maps. Do you have examples of business apps which are available on Androids and not on iPhones?

JOHBUR60 wrote:

I need d a smart phone that will help be run my business better? I travel frequently and need a directions app that wont cut out everytime i get a call.

Do you have advanced calling activated on your iPhone? The fact your directions app cutting out every time you get a call makes it sound as if you don't have simultaneous voice/data which is a sign you DO NOT have advanced calling activated. Once activated and set for voice/data, your map software should not cut out when you get a call.

All that said, my opinion is that ANY top of the line Android(Pixel, V20, GS7, GS7+, etc...) would be able to "help you run your business better" AS WOULD an iPhone. With today's smartphones, it is more about personal preference, I don't think EITHER platform is better as an overall product IF you learn how to correctly use your device. BOTH platforms should be able to do what you want, even with your 1yr old device.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: Samsung
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It was only the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 model that was banned from the planes. All other models of the Samsung Galaxy line are unaffected. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes