Sandisk 64gb will not format in Galaxy Note 4 - Android 6.0.1
vzwrlss

I rec'd a replacement device and attempted to move my SD card.  The device is no longer accessible.

It shows up but it cannot be formatted.  It shows "formatting" completes successfully (no error messages) but it then returns to the screen showing 2/3 of the card's memory is still used up.  Obviously it did not format AND it is still inaccessible.  (I even tried formatting in using OSX Disk Utility but to no avail.)

This is apparently a problem related to 6.0.1.   I have googled this extensively and it appears it is an issue w/ the larger SD cards and 6.0.1.   (Yes, I put in a smaller SD card and it functioned perfectly without a problem.)

So, Verizon/Android have a problem on their hands.  Lots of people are having lost/frustrated.

I may be forced to move back to a smaller card until the problem is resolved unless someone has another solution.???

0 Likes
Re: Sandisk 64gb will not format in Galaxy Note 4 - Android 6.0.1
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vzwrlss, we want to ensure you are able to format the SD Card of your choice. Have you tried formatting the SD Card in a different device? Are you able to upgrade your phone software?

MahrizaM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes