Saving pics on SD Card or Phone?
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

I noticed in my gallery that there are different categories for the pictures like saved on SD card downloads etc. I thought everything I was taking a picture of was being saved on card but seems like maybe only the ones I downloaded off PC are on card which means if phone crashes I could lose what I took pics with phone, am I correct? if so how do you get everything to be saved on card.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Saving pics on SD Card or Phone?
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Thank you for the information 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

Your pictures that you take with your phone are saved on your SD Card under the DCIM folder by default.

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

btw, if you don't believe me or you just want to see it with your own eyes, a quick test would be the following:

1. from your home screen, press the Menu button

2. select Settings

3. select SD card & phone storage

4. select Unmount SD card (you will need to open the back to take out and reinsert the card after this is finished)

5. you can either remove the card now or just go to Gallery to see what pictures are available

At this point, you should see that there are no pictures on your phone.

Now, reinsert your card (or remove and reinsert as this is the only way to mount your card again).

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

I rename my pics and then move them into pictures and sub folders there I created.  Then once or twice a month I copy the entire SD card onto my laptop for a backup copy of everything.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Thank you for the information 

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you and VZW for your help

0 Likes