Re: Screen Capture
jwallace
Enthusiast - Level 1

Regarding, "... i'll admit that it's pretty absurd that every android can't do this natively by now..."

I wouldn't blame it on the Android OS or Google.  I'd point to the individual manufacturers.  There have been some articles lately on how Google has lost control of the Android OS.

Unlike Apple who owns every aspect of their phone from concept all the way through manufacturing, Google/Android OS does not and the other manufacturers completely pollute the OS. That is the reason that ICS and other up dates haven't and won't roll out on any type of standard schedule.  They have to make sure the update doesn't screw up their garbage.

Now that Google fully owns Motorola, it will be interesting to see if this changes the market.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

no offense, but i don't buy that. the manufacturers lay their skins over the OS and the carriers add their bloatware......but i can't believe that google couldn't build in the feature to the OS itself prior to now. i may be wrong. i know nothing about programming.

0 Likes
jwallace
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not saying I know everything about it...but I'm sure the carriers and manufacturers have the ability to turn on/off/block functionality.

0 Likes