Screen Won't turn off
sunshyn1976

Has anyone else experienced problems with the screen remaining on since the update?  I have always been in the habit of pushing the power button to turn off the screen after I use it.   Now, it doesn't work half the time.  Sometimes it just stays on like i didn't push the button, sometimes it takes a screenshot of the display.  Either way, it is chewing through my battery.  I wonder if this is why other users are also experiencing poor battery life now. Even if I just sit it down and wait for the screen to automatically go off, it only does that sporadically.  I have come back an hour after sitting my phone down and found the screen just blazing away. 

In a related but possibly different issue, most of the time that i am using the phone now, if i pull it away from my face to get the display to turn on, it comes on, then off, then on, then off, and if i push the power button to try to make it come on, it will flash on, then immediately go off again.  It makes it near impossible to end a call!  Which kills the drama of hanging up on someone when you spend 3 minutes trying to push the button!! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Screen Won't turn off
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

sunshyn1976 wrote:

Has anyone else experienced problems with the screen remaining on since the update?  I have always been in the habit of pushing the power button to turn off the screen after I use it.   Now, it doesn't work half the time.  Sometimes it just stays on like i didn't push the button, sometimes it takes a screenshot of the display.  Either way, it is chewing through my battery.  I wonder if this is why other users are also experiencing poor battery life now. Even if I just sit it down and wait for the screen to automatically go off, it only does that sporadically.  I have come back an hour after sitting my phone down and found the screen just blazing away. 

In a related but possibly different issue, most of the time that i am using the phone now, if i pull it away from my face to get the display to turn on, it comes on, then off, then on, then off, and if i push the power button to try to make it come on, it will flash on, then immediately go off again.  It makes it near impossible to end a call!  Which kills the drama of hanging up on someone when you spend 3 minutes trying to push the button!! :smileyhappy:

A factory reset should clear up your issues..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Screen Won't turn off
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

sunshyn1976 wrote:

A factory reset should clear up your issues..
0 Likes