Screen timeout while on calls
Idaho16

When I am on a call the screen times out and comes back on like normal. When I am on a call on speaker phone or blue tooth the screen times out after a few seconds and does not come on with our pushing the power button and the unlock code. This makes the phone impoosible to use (calendar, other features) while on a phone call. I have power save mode off and the screen time out set for 10 minutes.

0 Likes
Re: Screen timeout while on calls
gu4u2

I have the same problem. When I'm on a call using Bluetooth, the screen locks and I have to press the power button and then unlock the screen to hang up the call. It is very annoying. This does not happen when I call with the phone against my face.

0 Likes
moates
Contributor - Level 3

I have provided some information below that may help.

Step 1 – Complete a soft reset on the device. To complete a soft reset please follow the instruction below:

-Power off the device
-Pull the battery out for 15-20 seconds.
-Place the battery back in
-Power on the device

Step 2 – Program the device. Instruction given below:

-Dial *228 and press send
-Listen in, and press option 1 once the recording prompts you
-Shortly after (30-45 seconds) the programming should complete.

Step 3 – Ensure that nothing is blocking the proximity sensor (on the upper left hand corner of the screen to the left of the speaker).

0 Likes
Idaho16

This worked, thank you.

0 Likes
Idaho16

My phone is back to doing the same thing. I have tried the soft reset recommended but it does not fix the problem.

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry, hit the wrong button.

0 Likes
moates
Contributor - Level 3

I regret to hear that the previous steps only temporarily fixed the issue. Since the previous steps were already completed, in addition to completing some steps of your own,  I would recommend a hard reset of the device.

***Performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications. Only perform this reset if absolutely necessary.

I have provided the instructions to complete the hard reset in the article listed below:
http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=35372

0 Likes