Screen turns on and off while on lock screen?
red_01_
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone know why the screen turns on and off by itself? Its really annoying and drains some battery. I hope this upcoming update takes care of this problem.

0 Likes
Re: Screen turns on and off while on lock screen?
B33
Legend

Might be small fluke in the phone or setting or an App might be causing the Issue. Tidbits has a Galaxie an might know whats going on give him a shout.!

0 Likes
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello red_01,

I understand your concern for the screen flicker you have been seeing.  How long have you had your device and how long has this been happening?  Did you notice this start after installing a new application?  I would suggest running Safe Mode to determine if an application is causing this malfunction.  If the screen does improve while in Safe Mode then we will have to determine which application is to blame.  You can remove each application one by one and test or complete a Hard Resetand start downloading applications again slowly.  If this still occurs after a Hard Reset, we can review your devices warranty options.  Please let me know if I can provide further assistance.

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
jscrawley
Enthusiast - Level 3

I saw the same issue with my phone yesterday, so first thing I did was turn the phone off and then back on. The same issue still happened, so this time I did a battery pull and let the phone sit for about 15 minutes and the rebooted. It has fixed the prroblem for me. I have no idea what the cause is however.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

This usually happens because of a app accessing the system of the data connection updating a program, have you identified a pattern for when the backlight comes on and does it stay on for a long time or for a few seconds?  

I would check any app that access the web for updates regularly and change their update time and see if this changes..

0 Likes
chapman7161986

Have you gone to apps>settings>display> and change the time to sleep in there

0 Likes
chapman7161986

It also depends on how you hold your phone do you have a case bc the proximity senors my be getting blocked by the case or by a finger 

0 Likes