Send all calls to voicemail
NARYA12
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I temporarily forward all calls directly to voicemail on the S8?

0 Likes
Re: Send all calls to voicemail
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately the call forwarding option offered by Verizon Wireless doesn't allow you to send all calls to voicemail.

You can choose to put your phone on Airplane mode to disable it from receiving any calls or you can silence the phone and choose to to ignore any calls that pop up on the screen.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

NARYA12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. Wow, that's just ridiculous. What is this, 1999? I need to send my calls to voicemail when I'm in meetings. I can't believe this just... isn't an option anymore. Unreal.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NARYA12

We would love to provide you with some additional steps that can forward the calls directly to your voicemail on your S8.

Go to Apps > Phone > Menu in the upper right with the 3 dots > Settings > More Settings > Call forwarding > Always forward > enter your voicemail number

You will need to disable this when you are not in meetings so calls will continue to come through.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
expresiva
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's cute that you suggest to go to Go to Apps > Phone > Menu in the upper right with the 3 dots > Settings > More Settings > Call forwarding > Always forward > enter your voicemail number ... however upon trying this step by step, the instructions are only good through "More Settings" ... there is no "call forwarding" in there. 

captremo

I've found a solution, but its another app. I installed Silence Premium. This it not an ad for them. Just my experience. I like it because it follows my google calendar and silences my phone during all of my scheduled meetings. At work, I use Outlook. I was able to push all of my Outlook appts to my Google account, so they all show up on my phone calendar. 

My phone gets silenced automatically. I also silence my phone between 10pm and 6am, so that I don't get woke up when after going to bed. Hey, I work hard, I deserve a good night's sleep. 

Calls ring silent (as vibrate, which is optional) and then go to vmail. 

I'm actually trying to find out how to do the same for all calls not in my contacts or not in my work NPAs. That's how I landed in this conversation. No luck except for another app that addresses SPAM. Tried one already and wasn't happy. Guess, I'll have to try another..

Good luck. 

0 Likes
jtvd20151

I know this is an old post, but I thought that maybe the information below would still be useful.  I currently forward my calls when busy/no answer to my Google Voice number.  So, this solution works.

Summary of Verizon Call Forwarding Codes >>
All calls: Call *72 + new number
Only when busy/no answer: Call *71 + new number <<< user *71 + Google Voice #
Turn off forwarding: Call *73

0 Likes