Sending MMS/Picture Messages Problem
locasio

I am having problems sending picture messages.  I believe it might be the cause of not having 4g or even 3g signal, because it sends only when I have those receptions.  Is anyone having the same problem or is it just the phone that doesn't send w/o 4g or 3g service?

0 Likes
Re: Sending MMS/Picture Messages Problem
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

MMS (picture) messages do need a cellular data connection to transmit the attachments across the network.

Have you done the usual troubleshooting to get a data connection? Airplane mode? Switch to 3G only?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
trayceejay

i am having a problem with mms pictures regardless of wireless or 3g...

0 Likes
Not applicable

Trayceejay, I understand how important it is to be able to send pictures on your wireless device, so I want to make sure we get this feature working for you. I just have a few more questions. Are you in a 3G only area? If you travel to a 4G area, do you notice if the same thing happens or is this only when picking up 3G or wifi? Do you get any error messages when sending MMS or what exactly happens?

Please try some basic troubleshooting like remove the battery for 30 seconds, re-insert and power on. Try sending a picture message once your data is back up on the phone. If having any issues, make sure you can access internet, then try again. If still not working, toggle airplane mode on the phone (press and hold power button to select airplane mode).

Please let me know how this works.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes