Sensitivity
craig47

I'm having trouble with my fascinate phone, when I get a call I can't get the puzzle piece in the right spot fast enough before the caller hangs up.

I would like to know if anyone can tell me how to adjust the settings on the screen to make it more sensitive to my touching the screen ?

thanks,

Craig

0 Likes
Re: Sensitivity
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

The SCH-i500 does not contain an option to control touch sensitivity. With the Capacitive S-AMOLED display combined with hardware supporting multitouch, the touch sensitivity settings found in older devices are felt to not be needed.

In order to configure available settings, follow the steps below:

1. Press the Home Key 
  2. Press the Menu Key 
  3. Tap on Settings

4. Tap on Sound and display

5. Scroll down and tap on Haptic feedback

Note: If the options are not selectable, Silent mode should be disabled. The setting is located at the top of the menu.

6. Tap on Vibration intensity

7. Tap on the bar and slide it to the left or right to adjust intensity. When it is just right, tap Ok

Important Notice: The higher the level of vibration intensity values may cause a drop in battery performance. Should you notice this and becomes an impact to usability, try setting the values lower.

0 Likes
Indianchief
Contributor - Level 1

Are these instructions for the Fascinate?  When I get to Sound and Settings, my phone either allow u to put a check mark in the box or take it out.  There are no adjustments and the bars don't move left or right.  Is my phone screwed up?  Thanks

0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to know also, thanks for asking and now we shall wait..

0 Likes
Stein5830
Enthusiast - Level 3
If you have had your phone for a long time or have an ATK running (auto Task Killer) you can be ending some system important tasks that can cause your phone to hang when you turn it on. Delete your ATK if you have it. If not try a backup and restore the phone to factory settings. I have noticed that the phone is very sensitive for me and only rarely hangs up or lags on me.
0 Likes
Stein5830
Enthusiast - Level 3
@ indianchief and @ roachman55 there is no slider for sensitivity for the touch screen just for haptic feedback which will make the phone lightly vibrate when you do certain things. The total sensitivity depends on how good you are an pointing with your finger... just make sure you fingers are not excessively oily (i read over at XDA that this can cause tracking issues even if that doesn't make sense for the type of screen that it is) or dirty.
0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks  Stein5830 I could not find what the VZW guy said to do it's not on Fascinate and like you said it's for vibrate when selecting different things.

0 Likes
Indianchief
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks Stein5380.  Nice to know everything is ok with my phone.  I thought since this is the Fascinate Thread and the question pertained to a Fascinate that my phone had troubles.  Thanks again.

0 Likes