Re: Service issues since Lollipop
djorgga
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well it turns out this work around is also flawed.  First, even though after setting the network mode to LTE and rebooting the network mode then indicates global, it really isn't global. 2nd, so while this can help you when you need service someplace where you can only get LTE, your service is effectively limited to those area. 3rd, after an extended period with no LTE service the original problem occurs and you can only get service again after rebooting.

So Verizon, where did the support go?  No new suggestions or comments from you on this or the other 3 Note 3 Lollipop threads dealing with this same issue for several days now.  How many weeks are going to go by with no fixes or acceptable work around before you tell us that you will put someone to work fixing what is now clearly a bug or offer to replace our phones?

Bridge66
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having this problem.  I don't get a phone or data signal in my office, and when I come out my Note 3 will not reconnect. I also have to restart the phone and then both the phone and data signals reconnect.  Pretty sad that this STILL hasn't been resolved.

0 Likes
markusburkey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello. Answers below:

What's the zip code where you are having these issue? 46628, 46561

Is the issue with voice or data? Both, complete loss of service.

Does it occur only when indoors? Service is lost usually at zip 46628 IN DOORS, but does not reestablish even after exiting the building into an area OUTDOORS that historically has full LTE.

Have you performed the hard reset since updating the software on the phone? Yes. I have been operating for one full week since my hard reset with no resolve.

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the helpful details. Based on the zip codes provided, these are 3g areas. How has service been in the past?
SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
markusburkey
Enthusiast - Level 2

According to http://vzwmap.verizonwireless.com/dotcom/coveragelocator/default.aspx?zip= these are also 4G areas, and 46561 has been full bars of LTE (my back yard) for the past 1.5 years. It still is full bars, unless I've lost service, at which time my phone fails to renegotiate on the VZW network, and I am forced to reboot. This problem began the day I upgraded my phone to lollipop. I am forced to reboot due to loss of service 4-6 times a day now. Please advise. Thanks.

0 Likes
moleculechef
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you have any record of anyone experiencing this problem solving it by doing a factory reset?  None of the other suggestions resolve the problems and I don't want to do a factory reset on my phone unless it's been proven to solve this issue.  Since there hasn't been any mention of anything that has fixed the service drop or what is being done to solve this issue I thought it would be a good idea to summarize what has been discussed so far:

• Upgrade to Lollipop caused a drop in data and phone signal reception - reported by several users
  • Upgrade to Lollipop caused the Note 3 to stop acquiring data/phone service once service is lost by the phone.  It is only restored by manually rebooting the phone when in an area that has sufficient phone/data signal to restore service and this has to be done every time the phone loses service to restore it.
  • The problem is not associated with 3rd party software
  • Removing the SIM card does not solve the problem
  • Removing the battery does not solve the problem
  • Opening in safe mode does not solve the problem
  • Uninstalling Android System Webview updates does not solve the problem
  • None of the recommended "troubleshooting" page suggestions address the problem
  • There has not been any comment from Verizon on what is being done to fix the problem or that it has been elevated beyond the list of general fixes for all smartphones.
markusburkey
Enthusiast - Level 2

*toggling airplane mode does not solve the problem

0 Likes
mpctlc
Enthusiast - Level 1

In the past I got 1 to 2 bars.  Now it frequently drops to 0.

Personal Information removed as required by

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
AlbertBodamer

I am suffering from this same issue with my S4. Overall, weaker network signal. Whenever network is lost, the phone fails to re-acquire the network. The ONLY resolution is to reboot. Only with a reboot, does the phone re-acquire the network.

Will Verizon provide me with a working phone?

0 Likes
djorgga
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe they are ignoring this thread now since it is marked as answered?  I suggest posting concerns about this issue on one of the (pathetically) many other threads dealing with this same issue that are still open.

0 Likes