Service suspended on device. Does it still attempt to connect to cell network?
charleytuna
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have suspended service to my two year old Galaxy Nexus smartphone.  Does it still transmit radio signals, searching for a cell connection, if Airplane mode is not enabled?  Must the SIM card be removed to prevent this?  I want to use Wi-Fi and Bluetooth functions, but not have cell radio transmitting.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Service suspended on device. Does it still attempt to connect to cell network?
charleytuna
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tidbits,  I appreciate your add-on to this query.  I will do that (turn on Wi-Fi after enabling Airplane mode).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Service suspended on device. Does it still attempt to connect to cell network?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I usually have the SIM card removed and the phone in Airplane mode for a wifi only device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

charleytuna
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Ann154,

A Verizon rep told me that my phone does not transmit to Verizon while it is in "suspension of service." and that there is no need to pull the SIM card.  He was sure of his answer.  Also, my phone will not transmit or receive Wi-Fi signals while in Airplane mode.  So, in my mind my question is resolved.

Craig Craddock

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You have to turn WiFi on after you put the device into airplane mode.

0 Likes
charleytuna
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tidbits,  I appreciate your add-on to this query.  I will do that (turn on Wi-Fi after enabling Airplane mode).

0 Likes
Service suspended on device.  Does it still attempt to connect to cell network?
Tidbits
Legend

It should work with no problem after that.  Do you have any battery saver type of applications installed?

0 Likes
Re: Service suspended on device.  Does it still attempt to connect to cell network?
charleytuna
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone does work fine now on wi-fi.  No battery saver apps installed.  Thanks all.

0 Likes