Set up to Fail
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

It seems like Verizon had no interest in ever making the Galaxy Nexus a flagship phone. In fact they were promaoting the new colors of the Droid Razr on the same day the Nexus launched. If Verizon had no interesting in seeinmg the Nexus succeed why did they push to be the first to release it?

0 Likes
Re: Set up to Fail
Shinnen13
Contributor - Level 1

Because they knew that since it was a Google Flagship phone, VZ wanted to have the toy first to get people to come to them.

0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

You would hope that there are some executives that would be smart enough to realize that by creating a rift with Google/Android and in a certain degree Samsung and now Motorola since Google owns them, would hurt them in the future. I've read more than one article by tech bloggers, who seem to right alot, that believe Google was fed up with Verizon prior to the Nexus but now they are infuriated. Is Verizon not worried about the possibility of Google putting their efforts behind ATT and or Sprint? ATT is already stiff competition and Sprint is making serious headway.

0 Likes
Shinnen13
Contributor - Level 1

I think Verizon only thinks of what benefits them. They will do anything to keep the droid line because they can install all of their pointless and useless bloatware, But as far as the GNEX goes and relationship with Google, I don't think they care (whether Google owns/ or is to own Motorola. Last I heard is though the purchase has been agreed upon, it is not complete yet)....Because it has already been announced that any more gnex type phones will be sold by Google again.

Plus, just as all cell providers were at one point, there is the common train of thought of "go where you want, because we are always signing up new people."

If you wanna get back at them and get your money worth. Warranty your phones as long as you are having problems with them....

0 Likes