Setting Ringtones
spltaz

All contacts were saved to google and I can't give individual ringtones to contacts.

0 Likes
Re: Setting Ringtones
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

You'll need to do the following:

A. Export your contacts

1. Open Contacts

2. Press the Menu button

3. Press More

4. Select Export/Import

5. Select Export to SD card

B. Import your contacts

Steps 1-4 are the same, probably 2-4 though

5. Select Import to SD card

6. For the Create contact under account option, select Phone

Now your Google contacts should be in your phone, and you can set various ringtones to them.

I don't know if you want to remove your gmail contacts from your phone first, and you can do this by:

1. going into Settings

2. Selecting Accounts and sync

3. Selecting the google account that has contacts synced with your phone

4. Unchecking Sync Contacts

5. Syncing that account again with your phone.

Whatever you do, don't delete the contact from your Google contacts or you'll notice that they're missing from your Gmail account.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

you didn't answer their question of HOW to assign the ringtones. if your contacts are stored on your phone, you can open the song in the song player, then settings, then set as, then you'll figure it out. I have found no way to assign ringtones to google contacts, as I don't use google for that.

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

There are a few ways to assign a ringtone.  Here is one way.  It may not be the easiest, but it works for me.

Setting a ringtone on the Fascinate is not as straight forward as it should be.  Try this:

-Go into your contacts and select a contact.

-Hit your menu button.  Select Edit.

-Up top, make sure you select "Phone" and not "Google."

-Scroll down and you will see "Ringtone."

-Hit the Arrow Key.  You will be asked whether you want the default ringtone or phone ringtone.

-Select Phone Ringtone.

-Select the Ringtone you want and select Okay.

-Save your entry.

That should set your ringtone for each contact.  Now, how do you get a ringtone you downloaded from an app into the list of "Phone Ringtones" in which to select from?  For me, I have an app that I download ringtones from.  So any song that I have downloaded has ended up saved to my sd card (go to Apps and select "My Files.") in that apps' file.  Find where your ringtones have been saved on your sd card.  For me, the app that I downloaded has its own file folder on the SD card.  Go to each ringtone in that file and do the following:

-Long press on a ringtone.  Select "Copy."  You will be returned back to the list of your files.

-Select the "Media" file.

-Select "Audio."

-Select either "Ringtones" (if you want a ringtone for calls) or "Notifications" (if you want a ringtone for a text message, voicemail, etc.).

-Paste your ringtone into the selected folder.

-Repeat as needed.

After you do this, then you can go into your individual contacts as noted above and select your ringtones for each contact instead of having to use the default ones that came with your phone.  Hope this helps!

0 Likes