Several issues... any suggestions?
libby552

I have a Samsung Fascinate and am having the following issues...

1. It stopped showing me when I have new voicemail.

2. It stopped receiving my emails.

3. About once a day, it tells me my "Facebook session has timed out."  If I click on that notification, it locks up for a bit then tells me I have to "force close." 

I have tried powering down and back up with no luck.  When I call Verizon I just get put on hold forever... does anyone have suggestions on how to fix the above problems?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Several issues... any suggestions?
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

libby552 wrote:

I have a Samsung Fascinate and am having the following issues...

1. It stopped showing me when I have new voicemail.

2. It stopped receiving my emails.

3. About once a day, it tells me my "Facebook session has timed out."  If I click on that notification, it locks up for a bit then tells me I have to "force close." 

I have tried powering down and back up with no luck.  When I call Verizon I just get put on hold forever... does anyone have suggestions on how to fix the above problems?

Thanks.

had exact same problem on 1 of my 3 Fascinates. Fix was the following: Call cust service. Tell them you're having a problem with your phone and please transfer you to tech support. Tell tech support the problem. Tell them according to the Verizon Wireless community forums, this is a probable fix. Have them 'remove/drop' your phone from their network. They'll need the MEID for this under the battery. Then have them add your phone back to their network. Should take all of a couple minutes, tops. Once they've readded it. Call *228 and do option '1' to activate your phone. Then try the update again. Odds are the updates will now work. This has fixed this exact problem for a lot of people. good luck.
0 Likes