Should I or should'nt install adobe flash player on my GNex?
j_rousseau32
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is a disclaimer at the Google store stating:

*** NOTE: FLASH PLAYER IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED FOR NEW DEVICE CONFIGURATIONS. FLASH PLAYER WILL NOT BE SUPPORTED ON ANY ANDROID VERSION BEYOND ANDROID 4.0.x ***

While Flash Player remains on Google Play for installation on Android devices that are certified by the manufacturer, installing Flash Player on an uncertified device may result in unexpected behavior and can potentially destabilize your device.  A list of certified devices can be found at http://www.adobe.com/go/certifieddevices.  Flash Player WILL NOT be supported on any device shipped with or upgraded to an Android version beyond Android 4.0.x.

I am wondering if I should or should not install adobe flash player and what devices and browser's  AFP will be compatible now and in the future. 

Re: Should I or should'nt install adobe flash player on my GNex?
Tidbits
Legend

I have a Nexus 7 and can't install flash. Honestly I don't miss it at all. Most of the sites I already go to has already moved to html5 and or Java which Chrome and various other browsers support. As time progresses more and more sites will progress forward if they want to compete. Soon flash will be removed from the market regardless of what OS version you have. I believe it is mid August.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

As it Says Destabilize What would it really Do if i put it on my Maxx with I.C.S Tidbits.. can that Harm the Phone should i Take it Back off..

0 Likes
Not applicable

Tidbits wrote:

I have a Nexus 7 and can't install flash. Honestly I don't miss it at all. Most of the sites I already go to has already moved to html5 and or Java which Chrome and various other browsers support. As time progresses more and more sites will progress forward if they want to compete. Soon flash will be removed from the market regardless of what OS version you have. I believe it is mid August.

Most of the sites YOU go to may not use flash most site site in general still use flash and it's dumb to to stop supporting it. ESPN is fairy popular site go trying to watch a video there without flash. That's just one example. As much I was looking forward to ICS I am prone to stay away from devices with it if flash support is taken away. I'm not paying hundreds of $$$ for a device that only gives me part of the internet. I'll stick with Android devices that still use Gingerbread. If I want a non-flash device I'd buy an Apple product. Something I wouldn't ever do to begin with.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

One could use WatchESPN. ESPN has already been moving towards Adobe Air, and HTML5.  A lot of websites are starting the transition, and some have already completed.  If people have a problem with not having flash you have to blame adobe.  They have since LAST year November they are dropping support starting today.  You can't download Flash anymore from the Play Store, and there is no support for 4.1 and above OS.  So when you are ready to upgrade you have no shot for flash on a mobile device.

0 Likes