Sidetone & background noise
Tomswed
Does anyone else have excessive sidetone (hearing yourself during a call) and background noise? They end up degrading call quality to the point where I won't make phone calls in any noisy environments, like when in a car on the highway. This is my second fascinate, as my first had 3g issues, and they both had the same issue as well as my fiance's fascinate. Is this an issue others are having? Will there be a fix? I love this phone, but it's difficult to make phone calls.
0 Likes
Re: Sidetone & background noise
bigbruno

The first time I made a call, I noticed that as well. When driving I don't have a problem since I have bluetooth, but the rest of the time, it gets really annoying!!! I sure hope there is a fix for that at some point in time.

0 Likes
laejune_n

I have the same issue with you...

I got a brand new Fascinate phone and 3G network error......so I couldn't download anything so I went back to the store and get it replaced with another brandnew phone.

Bothe the first one and the second phones were very noisy I called Verizon wireless if the noise problem is any known issue.

They told me it is not known issue.

I went to all Korean website to figure out how I can fix the problem....

I figured out that Samsung's all Galaxy S phones don't use "noise cancelling mic" but most of other phones do.

So WE.....you and I have to wait for any good noise cancelling application which is not existing yet.

I hope I am answering your question.!!

I am So Upset!!! such a great phone doesn't have "noise cancelling mic"!!! and especially when verizon wireless customer service Rep recommended me to buy bluetooth for this issue I was totally mad!!!

0 Likes
Knewz

To Reduce Sidetone

SPC code 000000
The bottom of the screen will have buttons that are directional like a d-pad.

Press down until you see:
SVC Mode NAM1
End of BASIC NAM
Exit

Press right once you will see EXIT change to MORE
Hit enter
Press Down once and you will see:
HomePage VoiceSO
EVRC

Push right button to change to EVRC-B
Hit Enter
Phone will reboot.

Hit Enter after each change to stay to EVRC-B.

This doesn't work 100% of the time but, does work.

0 Likes
Mart

I got as far as the **772 then what???? what is the next step? green dial button?

Thank's

0 Likes
laejune_n

Yes......What do you mean...I know **772 so far...then what am I supposed to do?

0 Likes
JRobinsky

I have the same problem. When I use speaker I have no problem, but when I am using the phone normally there is a backround noise that is VERY annoying. I thought it was maybe bc I used a different rom and kernel on my phone, but I guess its a common problem?

0 Likes
JRobinsky

I read in another forum that is it caused from the backlight turning on during the call.

0 Likes
JRobinsky

turn off backlight notifications and it goes away.

0 Likes
ecpolo521

Turning off backlight notifications is not a stock option.  

Just got my wife the phone too and she just called me.  Sounded like she was in a hurricane.  Pathetic call quality.  Really hope Samsung has a fix of some sort because I really enjoy this phone. 

0 Likes