Re: Signal strength recently drops in north Raleigh, NC
SnoopyWG
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did have my SIM card replaced and it did not have any noticeable effect on my signal strength. 😕

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to see your device running in top form! What zip code are you located in? How long has this been occurring? What specific service issues?
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SnoopyWG
Enthusiast - Level 2

Zip is 27609, the same as the store where I swapped out my SIM card but they didn't report anyone else having issues in North Raleigh. It might be our specific street (Budwood Drive in Raleigh, NC).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SnoopyWG Sounds like you're one step ahead with troubleshooting. Sorry that the replacement sim didn't provide much improvement. Tell us how long you've experienced issues in North Carolina. Is the problem indoors or outdoors?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SnoopyWG
Enthusiast - Level 2

Generally it's indoors but we've seen a drop indoors and out. I work out of my house but my desk in my office on the second floor sits right by the window and my phone sits right by the window.

Like I said in my original post, we have changed nothing with regards to where we're living or where we use the phone or the phone itself. Everything is the same, I feel that perhaps something in the network has changed. Any new/modified towers in this area? Any recent work done in the zip code?

I know it's the usual support approach to assume that the customer has done something to affect the phone performance or signal strength, but I assure you, nothing has changed on our end.

TerribleSignal
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. Lots of continuously dropped cell phone calls. A call is initially good, but then the connection fails, usually within four to five minutes into the call. Other times, like late evenings and weekends, there seems to be less of a problem. I'm a long time Verizon customer and never had this problem until this year. Often I can't make or receive calls that last more than a minute or two, other times there is no problem whatsoever. Calls are fine when I am not in North Raleigh, so I doubt it is my phone.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to help. Does this issue typically occur while you're indoors? -Joel

0 Likes