Signifigant Color Banding issues on Screen
lakeshow
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, received my galaxy nexus recently and overall pretty pleased with it except for the color representation of the screen. Whenever I'm on a light colored background I'll notice and band of a darker shade running up the near middle of the screen and also across horizontally. The effect is diminished if brightness is increased but still noticeable under certain conditions. I purchased this through verizon online on the launch day and just wondering what my options are. Could I exchange for another model in a store or have to do online if at all possible and what are the fees I may incur? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Signifigant Color Banding issues on Screen
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Depending on where you fall in the return policy requirements, you might be able to exchange it with a restocking fee or you will only be eligible for a certified pre-owned device.

I would suggest taking it to a corporate store and show them your screen and maybe compare to the display model. They should hopefully be able to tell you if you need a replacement.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
scorch968
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have searched on this issue quite a bit. Most people have success if they can show its worse than the display model. They should exchange it for you. Mine has this issue as well, so does the one I purchased for my father. Several people have said they have exchanged several times and they have all had some form of banding with some being worse than others. I think this is ultimately just a side effect of Super AMOLED screen tech.

You'll also notice a ghosting effect or what some people are calling burn it. Mine has some ghosting but it only lasts for a few seconds and then disappears. Despite the issue, I think this is still the nicest display I have had on an Android Phone.

keet

I have the same problem:  On the right side of the screen, near the wifi icon, there are alternating dark and light lines that go down the screen.  It's only visible on dark colours that are mostly plain.  I can see it whenever I slide the notification screen down, on grey screens in some programs, on the purple bubbles wallpaper, et cetera.  This is actually my third Galaxy Nexus, and each one has had its own unique display problem, so I am not even sure whether it is worth getting another one.

Edit:  I called Verizon Customer Support, and they, being excellent as always (in my opinion -- and no, they are not paying me to say this ) arranged for an 'overnight' replacement.  It will arrive on Tuesday, because of the weekend and holiday, but it's definitely quick enough.  I'll scrutinize that one's screen for a few hours before sending my old one back.

0 Likes